EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Speedometer / Tachometer combo

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 08:06 PM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,138 Likes on 6,209 Posts

Not finding a clamp that I like is part of what drove me into thinking about one gauge for both. I did find this clamp that I like, but instead of just bolting on like what would make sense, it has a different bolt pattern and different risers. It is also way over priced.

Old 04-02-2017, 08:18 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Received 4,317 Likes on 1,946 Posts

Originally Posted by Prot
Not finding a clamp that I like is part of what drove me into thinking about one gauge for both. I did find this clamp that I like, but instead of just bolting on like what would make sense, it has a different bolt pattern and different risers. It is also way over priced.

Of course it's overpriced...
It says Harley Davidson on it!!!!

Old 04-03-2017, 12:36 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,563 Likes on 1,082 Posts

The more I think about the loss of turn signal canceling the more it bugs me. I'll end up getting something to restore that functionality later. It's just a small thing, but I don't like crap not working.
Funny......I actually cut that wire on my Fatboy since I hate having the turn signals cancel automatically. They would always seem to cancel too soon for me.
I'd like to disable the automatic turn signal cancelling function on my Ultra, but I believe it's controlled by a computer and I haven't found a way to disable it.
It should be all about choices, but I guess on the newer bikes you really don't have a choice.

Old 04-03-2017, 12:48 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Originally Posted by LQQK_OUT
Funny......I actually cut that wire on my Fatboy since I hate having the turn signals cancel automatically. They would always seem to cancel too soon for me.
I'd like to disable the automatic turn signal cancelling function on my Ultra, but I believe it's controlled by a computer and I haven't found a way to disable it.
It should be all about choices, but I guess on the newer bikes you really don't have a choice.
I thought you could control everything on the newer bikes through the computer...

Or is that only the fuel maps???

Old 04-03-2017, 02:02 PM
Sand850
Cruiser
Received 75 Likes on 34 Posts

Prot, not having a tach was one of the things that threw me when I got my Heritage. Would like to know how well the combo works after you get a few miles logged on it.

Old 04-03-2017, 02:37 PM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,138 Likes on 6,209 Posts

Originally Posted by Sand850
Prot, not having a tach was one of the things that threw me when I got my Heritage. Would like to know how well the combo works after you get a few miles logged on it.
I am abandoning the idea of adding a tach. I rode it this long without one and the last time I rode a bike with a tach other than a test ride was in 1989.

I am going to end up ebaying the speedometer/ tach combo I bought unless somebody here wants it.

Between the inability to transfer odometer mileage and loss of distance based turn signal canceling, I would probably go nuts just knowing something does not work.

I was mostly interested in a tach to see what it is idling at and to know how many rpm's I am turning on the interstate.

Old 04-03-2017, 02:49 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

I am abandoning the idea of adding a tach. I rode it this long without one and the last time I rode a bike with a tach other than a test ride was in 1989.

I am going to end up ebaying the speedometer/ tach combo I bought unless somebody here wants it.

Between the inability to transfer odometer mileage and loss of distance based turn signal canceling, I would probably go nuts just knowing something does not work.

I was mostly interested in a tach to see what it is idling at and to know how many rpm's I am turning on the interstate.
If your bike is stock you should be at 3 grand at 80 mph.

Old 04-03-2017, 03:16 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,563 Likes on 1,082 Posts

Originally Posted by texashillcountry
I thought you could control everything on the newer bikes through the computer...

Or is that only the fuel maps???
I don't know. Maybe that is something that can be changed with HD digital technician. I don't believe my Dynojet Power Vision offers that function. I've been asking Dynojet to add functionality to the Power Vision to allow me to cycle the ABS pump. I'm waiting for that feature.......

Old 08-24-2019, 08:09 PM
Pat Hamer
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found out that if your speedometer goes out, you cannot replace it with a new one per instructions. It requires a working speedometer. I have the 70900070B combo unit, and it will not record from data link because NO SPD is the code it reads.

After a week researching I cannot find anyone that has found a fix for this other than taking it to a dealer. This is a bunch of bs I tell ya!!!!! lol

Old 08-25-2019, 08:44 AM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Originally Posted by Pat Hamer
I found out that if your speedometer goes out, you cannot replace it with a new one per instructions. It requires a working speedometer. I have the 70900070B combo unit, and it will not record from data link because NO SPD is the code it reads.

After a week researching I cannot find anyone that has found a fix for this other than taking it to a dealer. This is a bunch of bs I tell ya!!!!! lol
What bike are you working on?

Quick Reply: Speedometer / Tachometer combo