EVO All Evo Model Discussion

what seats do you like?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 11:24 PM
Big Panda
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default what seats do you like?

I know there are a thousand seat threads out there.

I'm not going to ask "Which one is best?"

I just want to know what seat you have what you like and dont like about it and why. Im looking at this:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...t-touring-seat

I do not enjoy the stock seat I currently have (specially since it's about 24 years old!).

Thanks in advance everyone!

Old 04-19-2017, 11:36 PM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 76 Posts

My 24 year old seat fits my butt just fine.... I do have an OEM replacement for it courteous of another forum member.

I'm thinking about going to a solo seat, and the only one that I've found still available that I can live with is the Mustang.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:44 PM
Big Panda
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I thought there would be a lot more seat options but there really arent. The mustang is one of only a handful out there for the FLHS, at least that I have found.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:48 PM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member

Yeah, not much in the aftermarket anymore for our 'old' bikes. Corbin, Mustang, and maybe Le Perra. But their selections are limited. I'm leaning toward the Mustang solo, because it's available, and I can add the passenger pad if needed.

Old 04-20-2017, 05:27 AM
rockhousebadboy
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

I have the HD Hammock Seat and very happy with it. Sets you up just a little higher (inch or less) but not a problem for me (6'1). Tried the HD sundowner before that. It was ok for me but the OL didn't like it as it was 4 inches narrower on the passenger end. The problem is the dealers don't have any demo seats for our older bikes. Everyone is different when it comes to seats. I was lucky enough to find a dealer who told me he was so confident that I would like the Hammock seat that he would order it, let me try it and if I didn't like it he would take it back no questions ask. Payed a little more that I could have gotten it for online but after loosing $100 on the sundowner it was worth it for the piece of mind to know I could take it back. Dought you find a dealer willing to do this but other option would be to ask some riding buddies to try their aftermarket seats or go to a rally in your area and try some on.

Old 04-20-2017, 05:27 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts

We've had a Corbin touring seat on our FLHS for umpteen years and it's great. We've travelled USA and Canada and Europe on long trips, about 15 countries in all. The only alternative I might consider is a tan one like 0maha's.....

Old 04-20-2017, 07:01 AM
row jimmie
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I got an air hawk pad, a friend recommended it. I like my original seat, but the pad is nice and soft.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:26 AM
flhchaz
Club Member
Received 1,285 Likes on 499 Posts

I have a Corbin on my '97. I bought it in 2000 and it's still very comfortable and and looks like new.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:27 AM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,703 Likes on 1,988 Posts

Mustang wide solo. Turned my bike from a "2 hour ride" into an "all day ride". Still works after 19 years.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:33 AM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by grbrown
We've had a Corbin touring seat on our FLHS for umpteen years and it's great.
In 1993, The MoCo put a thinner seat on the FLHS. In combination with the re-designed frame (battery/oil pan relocation) they claimed that made the saddle height the lowest of any of the models, including the 883 Hugger. Not much padding, but like I posted, it fits my butt fine. I've done several 12 hour days in/on it. However, it did take a good 5000 miles to 'break in' from new. Now it feels like a nicely worn pair of old boots.

I like the look of the solo seat, as my son recently put one on his 1999 FLHT. But I also like how the OEM FLHS seat 'drops' me into the machine. I doubt if I will be doing much, if any, 'two-up' riding anymore. As I get older, I'm getting less and less confident in my ability to hold the bloody thing upright. Add another element to the balancing act, and all bets are off.

Quick Reply: what seats do you like?