EVO All Evo Model Discussion

1987 fxrc Limited Edition

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 12:10 PM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 711 Likes on 274 Posts

I will shoot a pic of the front metal factory tag on mine. It is definately placed there by the factory. Maybe they intended to build all 750 and never arrived to the total number of them they set to build in production? A mystery we may never have an answer to. It would make mine the last 57 off the line. I should send you my serial so we can compare where they how close or how far our two bikes are, be fun. Your plaque likely might have gotten lost in a garage when the triple trees were changed? Because the plate would have to go away doing this front end mod as it is on a center bracket between the two forks. I can say the way you have it now, it is a very good looking bike again. I do understand though your desire to put it back, as it is a limited and rare bike, in the C model. I never knew that the graphics were silk screened. I will need to take a closer look at mine. If that is the case it could make it difficult to replicate it. But not impossible. I am out of town but when I get a chance I will shoot you the plaque and and my serial number.

Old 04-25-2017, 12:20 PM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member

I have a picture of my bike with a Mag when a former owner had it. A different owner swapped it for a 21 spoke. I would like to find the correct front mag even though the spoke looks decent.

Old 04-25-2017, 01:42 PM
Fxrc1
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

[QUOTE=Donnylee;16173553]I will shoot a pic of the front metal factory tag on mine. It is definately placed there by the factory. Maybe they intended to build all 750 and never arrived to the total number of them they set to build in production? A mystery we may never have an answer to. It would make mine the last 57 off the line. I should send you my serial so we can compare where they how close or how far our two bikes are, be fun. Your plaque likely might have gotten lost in a garage when the triple trees were changed? Because the plate would have to go away doing this front end mod as it is on a center bracket between the two forks. I can say the way you have it now, it is a very good looking bike again. I do understand though your desire to put it back, as it is a limited and rare bike, in the C model. I never knew that the graphics were silk screened. I will need to take a closer look at mine. If that is the case it could make it difficult to replicate it. But not impossible. I am out of town but when I get a chance I will shoot you the plaque and and my serial number.

The Numbers badge was missing when I got it. There was a big bracket bolted to the front lower triple trees for the two big square fog lights that was used for headlights. So I had it already been destroyed. And the number you know the bikes are a mystery. Even though they can tell me my bike is one of the 750 or 736 but can't tell me which one. Which is a little strange also. You would think someone would have records that sort of thing. I may try the local dealer run a Vin number see if I can figure out what was purchased and if there's any paperwork online I can be seen. Comparing the Vin numbers can't hurt my answer some questions. Or may not.

I appreciate your trying to help me and I appreciate any pictures. Specially could you some of the tank decal and side cover decal close-ups.
Thanks!

Old 04-25-2017, 01:44 PM
Fxrc1
Novice

Originally Posted by Donnylee
I have a picture of my bike with a Mag when a former owner had it. A different owner swapped it for a 21 spoke. I would like to find the correct front mag even though the spoke looks decent.
How long you had your fxrc?

Old 04-25-2017, 01:47 PM
Fxrc1
Novice

Time to hit some swap meets in craigslist, eBay, etc. it's been a great 25yr ride! And the ride ant over ��

Old 04-25-2017, 01:54 PM
Fxrc1
Novice

Originally Posted by Donnylee
Very cool,

I own #679 of 750. The bike pictured is as these should look. As for my bike it still wears its original clothes including the blue frame. Is about 90% stock original. Bars have been changed, naturally the exhaust and a S&S Carb. And is now riding on a front spoke wheel. Other then that its all there. If there is specific pictures you need of my bike let me know. At my first opportunity I can snap what you want to look at specifically. Does your bike still have the numbered plate with the American Flag across the front fork brace? These were as I am told the only year HD put the flag on the custom plate. Would be curious what number your bike was. From what I can tell there are very few survivor 87 FXRC's around. If they are they are they must be stashed, or trashed.... I did see a very original low mileage example going to auction about a year ago. But I have no idea what the hammer price was.

Not a great shot. Those are both my current rides. I let a out of town buddy ride the FXRC that day.

Both Beautiful bikes!

Old 04-26-2017, 12:33 PM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member

About 6 Months. I Bought it to flip it. Started riding the damn thing, and fell in love with its spirit. So its a keeper for now...

Old 04-26-2017, 12:35 PM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member

Thank you. I really love them both, and for obvious different reasons...

Old 04-26-2017, 01:03 PM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member

"I appreciate your trying to help me and I appreciate any pictures. Specially could you some of the tank decal and side cover decal close-ups.
Thanks!"

I should be able to get these on the site tomorrow. Been in Reno this week on business, but will be back home this evening. I never mind helping a person where I can! And that is the spirit of this site, well, in most cases. Especially with this endeavor. There really is not allot of documentation on these Cs. To the point Harley Historical is even having some conflicts and unanswered questions. But I have enough stock remaining in mine to get you where you want to go as it is pretty much still all there original. I have the stock bars but they need a re-chrome (Ram Horns). But at least I have them. I do not think the front mag is anything special really. I am guessing nothing more then a Sportster mag. But I do have a picture of the bike with the mag hanging in my bar. I will also snap a picture, of that old picture and also post it so you can see what it looked like back then. But I am not in the know on what the original size of the front mag was. This picture of mine was a picture taken several years ago in a more stock condition with the 2nd owner of the bike from new. He bought it in 1988 and I think it had 8K miles on it according to him, when he bought it at 2 years old. The dial now is indicating 68K Miles, and has a fresh top end. Its went through 3 hands since him. Of which many did not even ride the damn thing as the second owner clocked 61K when he sold it. My own mystery is whether this bike had forward controls or not from the factory, or were dealer add, as our two bikes appear to have the exact same forward controls, maybe by coincedence? The bike shared above has mid controls. And my gut tells me this is the way they came from the factory. I will not be taking off my mid controls... But may collect the parts to simply have on hand.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:09 PM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member

Lot of good pictures of this other bike that I did not link to until right now, this other bike has Serial and his Production number that is up for sale. That should help us begin to answer some questions about production run of this model! As to whether it was a run all at once or random through FXR production. Thanks for putting that up GRBrown!

Last edited by Donnylee; 04-26-2017 at 01:30 PM.

Quick Reply: 1987 fxrc Limited Edition