EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Any good indy Evo shops or Evo owner/tuners willing to help?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 09:04 PM
1997bagger
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,683 Likes on 850 Posts

Originally Posted by zukikat
Yeah, although I appreciate the info that's exactly what I was thinking as soon as he said TC air cleaner, I'm not about to put one of those footballs on my bike.
That thing is just too damn ugly for words...
Wait, there's an even uglier one?!?! Guess I missed something?
You asked the question, Hypercharger

No football cover on the Evo either see pic below, still got my Evo card

Last edited by 1997bagger; 11-22-2017 at 09:10 PM.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:33 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by 1997bagger
You asked the question, Hypercharger

I'll vouch for the non-football EVO cover.

Old 11-23-2017, 02:20 PM
zukikat
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey now... I actually happen to like the hypercharger's retro looks, especially on an Evo era softail custom, softail springer, or dyna wide-glide but I've heard too much bad stuff about them so it won't be staying on my bike.

Plus it can't be the ugliest one the MoCo ever hung on a bike because correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Harley didn't make Hyperchargers but they did choose to make and install that damn football...

Maybe it's the era my bike is from and remembering seeing so many damn good looking bikes at that time with a hypercharger on 'em but to me the hypercharger is nowhere near as odd or ugly looking as the factory football or the bizarre varieties of those aftermarket forward facing cone filters on a big elbow pipe, some of which even have a pointy tip cap on 'em, which I think can make some total custom choppers look good and in a few cases can look kind of okay on a few regular models of bikes but almost always end up looking really stupid on most bikes in my opinion.

With the various combinations of matte and gloss black, chrome, and polished individual pieces that are available for the hypercharger and the fact that the whole thing can be bought in chrome or gloss or matte black I happen to think it can be put together well enough to end up looking really bad-*** on most bikes and since all of the parts are interchangeable it can be customized to make a bike look really good, especially on my bike with its' factory black tank. I actually thought about swapping out mine's chrome center insert and butterflies to gloss black ones in the existing chrome housing to make the whole unit stand out better against the engine and the factory glossy black tank but all of the reviews I've seen for the hypercharger aren't even the slightest bit kind to it for performance and since I got the bike I've been warned that the hyperchargers like to randomly drop butterfly screws into your intake to wreak all kinds of engine havoc and I like my bike a whole lot more than I like the looks of that hypercharger so it's going away soon.

Old 11-23-2017, 03:19 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Form over function? rarely

Old 11-23-2017, 03:57 PM
zukikat
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although it may not show in my previous post (must be some of that chrome insanity rubbing off on me... ) I'm usually far more about experiences than appearances but there are occasional exceptions, and even when something's not right and I just want it to work I actually try not to do anything that I think may screw up the appearance if I think it's worthy of proper attention to detail like I believe this bike is.

If this bike's fit and finish looked like it had always been rode hard and put up wet and it got left sitting out in the weather all its' life I would be far more about just getting it on the road to enjoy the ride and to hell with how it looks to some extent but in this case I feel like I have a nice classic bike that's been well cared for and I don't want to be the one to screw it up although that definitely will not stop me from riding it.