Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 05:23 PM
Aussiemadness
Cruiser
Received 62 Likes on 21 Posts
Default 94 Convertible

Morning all.
I’m back.
After selling my old Heritage 2 yrs ago and buying Twin Cam Switchback , I have decided to “switchback” and get an Evo again.
Back to a bike/motor with a heart and soul.
She is a 94 Dyna Convertible invert good condition with very low kms, but, I can’t find reference to the paint scheme anywhere. Hopefully pics load from my phone and someone may be able to help.
​​​​​​​

The following users liked this post:
Harfar (04-26-2018)
Old 04-25-2018, 06:10 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Congrats! Nice paint. Are you going to put wires on the back also?

Old 04-26-2018, 02:45 AM
Aussiemadness
Cruiser

Cheers.
The P.O put the spoke on the front, I will get the mag also.
I don't think I will put a spoke rim on the back as it will always be hidden by the bags.
Pick her up on Sunday....cant wait.

Old 04-26-2018, 03:58 AM
Yankee Dog
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,735 Likes on 928 Posts

Nice bike! Paint looks like a custom job to me.

Did the original bags and or windscreen come with? Those bags and the windscreen are getting harder to find, I imagine even harder down in Australia, so if you have them, treat them like gold.

I really like the quick switch feature of the bags and windscreen.

Your bars look aftermarket, I think the paint is custom, and you speedo looks like it was changed out at some point. Sorry not criticizing, just pointing out what I'm seeing. Again, I really like you bike!

You don't see to many of the convertibles that have survived at or near stock form, so it's good to see another. I look forward to more pics.

I have lots of info on the 1994 convertible so if you ever have any questions, just let me know. YD

Old 04-26-2018, 06:22 AM
Rt13MFer
Road Warrior
Received 1,594 Likes on 642 Posts

I bought a nice, low miles '98 Convertible a couple years ago, great bike! Yeah, Im no expert but Ive never seen paint like that so Id say its custom, also agree on the bars and speedo but who cares! If it runs good ride it! Also, I prefer mag wheels so I can fix a flat tire on the road with a plug kit. Quick and easy. Its come in handy a couple times already. Enjoy that bike man, its a nice one.

Old 04-26-2018, 02:01 PM
Aussiemadness
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Yankee Dog
Nice bike! Paint looks like a custom job to me.

Did the original bags and or windscreen come with? Those bags and the windscreen are getting harder to find, I imagine even harder down in Australia, so if you have them, treat them like gold.

I really like the quick switch feature of the bags and windscreen.

Your bars look aftermarket, I think the paint is custom, and you speedo looks like it was changed out at some point. Sorry not criticizing, just pointing out what I'm seeing. Again, I really like you bike!

You don't see to many of the convertibles that have survived at or near stock form, so it's good to see another. I look forward to more pics.

I have lots of info on the 1994 convertible so if you ever have any questions, just let me know. YD
Cheers mate, appreciate the reply.
Yeah it comes with stock bags and screen, Speedo has been changed and I get the old one showing kms travelled as well. The bike is in very good condition and I will be keeping her pretty stock.

Dave

Old 04-26-2018, 02:05 PM
Aussiemadness
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Rt13MFer
I bought a nice, low miles '98 Convertible a couple years ago, great bike! Yeah, Im no expert but Ive never seen paint like that so Id say its custom, also agree on the bars and speedo but who cares! If it runs good ride it! Also, I prefer mag wheels so I can fix a flat tire on the road with a plug kit. Quick and easy. Its come in handy a couple times already. Enjoy that bike man, its a nice one.
Cheers mate.
Yeah the bars and speedo are no big issue as I get all the original parts.
I can’t find any reference to the paint either so maybe it is custom.
i will post up more pics when I pick her up on Sunday. Now to sell the Switchback, nice bike but I needed an evo again.

Dave.

Old 04-26-2018, 03:11 PM
Tom84FXST
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,199 Likes on 5,396 Posts

I have seen that paint before...it is an homage to the Harley 1933 paint job...I think it is OEM...look under the tank and see if it has a sticker

Last edited by Tom84FXST; 04-26-2018 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-26-2018, 03:16 PM
Yankee Dog
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,735 Likes on 928 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom84FXST
I have seen that paint before...it is an homage to the Harley 1933 paint job...I think it is OEM...look under the tank and see if it has a sticker

That would be cool if it is original paint, might even be rare? Not sure how many were made for the international market, but for the US market the numbers for Dyna convertibles for 1994 was pretty low. I would have to dig up the numbers to be exact.

Enjoy the bike! YD

Last edited by Yankee Dog; 04-26-2018 at 03:23 PM.
Old 04-26-2018, 03:19 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts

Nice bike and I'm pleased to see you plan on keeping it close to stock. Lovely gas tank pattern!

Quick Reply: 94 Convertible