Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

2018 EVO Meet--When Where and Who's coming

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 06:32 PM
HatchetHC
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nice Pics Omaha

These are professional grade shots Omaha! Very nice, good eye.

The following users liked this post:
0maha (06-24-2018)
Old 06-23-2018, 06:32 PM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 1,343 Posts

With Lone Star beer, look on the bottom of the bottle. There's a number printed on it. That's so that if you get a bad bottle, you can call up the factory and give them the number so they can go shoot the horse.

The following users liked this post:
0maha (06-24-2018)
Old 06-23-2018, 08:10 PM
LowriderHarold
Road Captain
Received 92 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by 0maha
When in Waco...

Try one of these.
i like em better & they’re brewed in Texas.

Ride Safe,
Harold

Old 06-24-2018, 11:41 AM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,668 Likes on 1,660 Posts

Decided to skip Louisiana and head north.

Was running good until I ran into this crap. Found a place to hold up till it blows over.

Old 06-24-2018, 05:57 PM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member

We just got home. We just skirted that thing. Only had a few light showers. Didn't even break out the rain suits.

You heading this way?

Old 06-24-2018, 06:39 PM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dr.Hess
We just got home. We just skirted that thing. Only had a few light showers. Didn't even break out the rain suits.

You heading this way?
Wish I was, but not this time. Heading straight home. Taking a break just north of Topeka right now. Almost there. .

Old 06-24-2018, 07:33 PM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member

It's raining here now. My step son was about 2 hours behind us from Dallas on north, 75 to 69 to 40, etc. He got dumped on the whole way through OK and AR. We got a couple sprinkles. Lucky there.

Here's the pic:

OK, so had to do a bit of wrenchin'. On the way out, as I borrowed the Sporty to go get our sheep skins, then my boots, (yeah, it was kinda a cluster-f), I noticed that the Sporty had a rattle. Traced it down to the horn. Duct taped it up and on we went. So, Saturday morning I took it all apart and the nuts and bolts had vibrated loose. Cranked it all back down, good to go.

On the way home, in bumfuq OK, suddenly I hear a dragging sound. Metal on highway. Pulled over into a hotel parking lot. The bolt that held the receiver hitch into the receiver was missing and the hitch was dragging. Well, those safety chains worked. Looking around, 200 yards away was an O'Reilleys. Took the Sporty over and went through their stuff and found a receiver hitch pin thingie that would fit. Back together and back on the road. The piece that vanished came with my hitch setup. It was a half inch bolt with a nut and a hole through it, plus a cotter pin. Completely gone. Oh well, the new one should be better.

We stopped for lunch near Muskogee. Linda stops and her shifter is hanging straight down. It cracked right at the retaining bolt hole. We went in, had us some Mexican food, went back out and started fiddling. I put it in the normal position, ran the bolt in as tight as I dared with the crack, then threw three zip ties on it and told her to shift REALLY easy, not like she usually does. We only had to get it into 4th gear once, and the next shift point would be 100 miles down the road in Fayetteville. Made it. I think I have an extra somewhere. Otherwise I'll pick up a new one from the dealer. I don't like getting aftermarket stuff for critical parts like that.

Anyway, the weather was better for us on the way back. That 100F is just brutal, and a reminder as to why we don't live in Texas anymore.

Old 06-24-2018, 08:35 PM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,178 Likes on 6,218 Posts

Wow Doc. Even though those repairs were relatively minor, there were enough of them to make a person start to believe that someone was messing with you.

Old 06-24-2018, 08:57 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Received 4,317 Likes on 1,946 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Hess
It's raining here now. My step son was about 2 hours behind us from Dallas on north, 75 to 69 to 40, etc. He got dumped on the whole way through OK and AR. We got a couple sprinkles. Lucky there.

Here's the pic:

OK, so had to do a bit of wrenchin'. On the way out, as I borrowed the Sporty to go get our sheep skins, then my boots, (yeah, it was kinda a cluster-f), I noticed that the Sporty had a rattle. Traced it down to the horn. Duct taped it up and on we went. So, Saturday morning I took it all apart and the nuts and bolts had vibrated loose. Cranked it all back down, good to go.

On the way home, in bumfuq OK, suddenly I hear a dragging sound. Metal on highway. Pulled over into a hotel parking lot. The bolt that held the receiver hitch into the receiver was missing and the hitch was dragging. Well, those safety chains worked. Looking around, 200 yards away was an O'Reilleys. Took the Sporty over and went through their stuff and found a receiver hitch pin thingie that would fit. Back together and back on the road. The piece that vanished came with my hitch setup. It was a half inch bolt with a nut and a hole through it, plus a cotter pin. Completely gone. Oh well, the new one should be better.

We stopped for lunch near Muskogee. Linda stops and her shifter is hanging straight down. It cracked right at the retaining bolt hole. We went in, had us some Mexican food, went back out and started fiddling. I put it in the normal position, ran the bolt in as tight as I dared with the crack, then threw three zip ties on it and told her to shift REALLY easy, not like she usually does. We only had to get it into 4th gear once, and the next shift point would be 100 miles down the road in Fayetteville. Made it. I think I have an extra somewhere. Otherwise I'll pick up a new one from the dealer. I don't like getting aftermarket stuff for critical parts like that.

Anyway, the weather was better for us on the way back. That 100F is just brutal, and a reminder as to why we don't live in Texas anymore.
Damn Doc what is it about you and roadside repairs???????
Look at the bright side at least this time it wasn't a head gasket!!!!!!!!!!

It was good to see y'all again and hope to see y'all next year.

Oh and Ma is interested in your fudge recipe.

Old 06-24-2018, 10:22 PM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member

Made it.

Finally!

Doc, I'll look. I think I have the stock shift arm off my donor sporty.

Quick Reply: 2018 EVO Meet--When Where and Who's coming