EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Electrical Issue???

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 06:13 PM
toryhardin92
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toryhardin92

further more, I believe the regulator would be at fault for vinerr code and hard cold start. Thought about getting a better battery as well. I do have an aftermarket Plex Audio system on the bike.

battery did did test out good for load test. Holds good cranking amps. Idle is 14.1, 2,000 rpm is 14.15.

Old 08-06-2018, 07:54 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,541 Likes on 3,793 Posts

bike is a 2016 street bob! 3 phase! Between 32-40 on 2,000 rpm. No ground which is good. Resistance .6 on all the 3. Thought it was a bit high. Seeing as if I know the regulator is bad I wanted to double check the stator.
You realize you sneaked in under the 30 year old EVO section? Don't have a 2016 electrical diagnostic manual. Sounds like your meter is just off. Diodes are bad in the regulator. A bad battery probably did that.

Last edited by Jackie Paper; 08-06-2018 at 07:58 PM.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:13 PM
toryhardin92
Advanced

Originally Posted by RIPSAW
You realize you sneaked in under the 30 year old EVO section? Don't have a 2016 electrical diagnostic manual. Sounds like your meter is just off. Diodes are bad in the regulator. A bad battery probably did that.

i didnt even realize.. regardless if the only different was to a 3 phase stator and possibly more resistance in stator then every other test your prvuoded is near to accurate even for a later model.. I have seen your diagnose test and followed it and people with my bike have also showed similar number. Charging system would be tested the same way across the board, or near to.

Old 08-07-2018, 07:32 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member

i didnt even realize.. regardless if the only different was to a 3 phase stator and possibly more resistance in stator then every other test your prvuoded is near to accurate even for a later model.. I have seen your diagnose test and followed it and people with my bike have also showed similar number. Charging system would be tested the same way across the board, or near to.
Understand that. Add a signature line on your bike, however, will lessen the chance of someone quoting a check figure that is way off in value.

Old 08-07-2018, 09:07 AM
toryhardin92
Advanced

Originally Posted by RIPSAW
Understand that. Add a signature line on your bike, however, will lessen the chance of someone quoting a check figure that is way off in value.

what at do you mean by signature line ?? Your charging system test has been posted on recent post for my year charging system correct?? Thanks for all your input by the way.

Your charging system test is for newer dyna models and possibly other models correct? New to the forum. Really has been helping me out.

Old 08-07-2018, 09:55 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member

what at do you mean by signature line ?? Your charging system test has been posted on recent post for my year charging system correct?? Thanks for all your input by the way.

Your charging system test is for newer dyna models and possibly other models correct? New to the forum. Really has been helping me out.
Up at top left, hit User CP. Then hit Setting & Option.
Then hit Edit Signature. Add your year bike and all it's letters similar to what I have at bottom for my bike. Then save it

That way when you post, it will be there

Old 08-09-2018, 04:58 PM
sB43
Cruiser
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Thank all of you for your advise. I bought a multimeter. My old (new) battery took a poop. Wouldn't even charge. So, I got a new battery, and put the multimeter on the bike, and when I revved it, no increase in battery. I put the meter on the stator and revved it. Very low. I have a new stator and rotor. I was anticipating this a couple months ago. So, back to the tear down........ I knew last year when I bought her there were gonna be a couple issues. But I have the parts, just got to get get my hands in her again. Hell, she'll be brand new by the time I get done. Thanks again guys. I'll keep ya posted.

Old 08-09-2018, 05:36 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by sB43
Hell, she'll be brand new by the time I get done. Thanks again guys. I'll keep ya posted.
Done? DONE? lol, you'll never be done. We aren't done spending your money!

The following users liked this post:
sB43 (08-10-2018)
Old 08-09-2018, 07:34 PM
sB43
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Beemervet
Done? DONE? lol, you'll never be done. We aren't done spending your money!
hahaahhaha! I know!

Old 08-10-2018, 04:23 AM
sB43
Cruiser

I want to put a new rotor in while I'm in there. How do I know what amp rotor to get? 22 or 32 amp. Or does it matter?

Quick Reply: Electrical Issue???