EVO All Evo Model Discussion

95 FLHR Licence Plate Relocation

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 12:51 PM
SimonR
Tourer
Received 148 Likes on 52 Posts
Default 95 FLHR Licence Plate Relocation

So ... trying to source a few bits till my RK lands ...

I've used the search function and can't find details - also checked online and can't find an obvious answer ...

I would like to relate the licence plate to below the tail light on my 1995 FLHR - but can't find the correct plate frame or rear lens ?

Anybody done this and have a link to what they used ?

pic attached to show where it is now

Thanks

Simon

Old 09-22-2018, 02:57 PM
BB.No8
Tourer

Received 193 Likes on 120 Posts

Harley Davidson make a license relocation kit to mount the license plate under the tail light lens like the Street Glide uses. The Kit comes with a relocated license plate holder, a new tail light lens with the license plate light on the bottom of the lens, new turn signal bar ( narrow like the new style like Road Glide), and a cover plate to hide the bolt holes that are left in the bar that holds the license plate (see photo of license plate bar on my bike). They are a little pricy, around $260.00 US.

Another option is made by Kuryakyn. It is a turn signal Kit with the license holder. You will also need to buy a new taillight lens with the light window on the bottom, but those are easy to find.

I found the Kit on J&P in their online catalog, they also have the tail light lenses.

Kuryakyn Bullet Light Rear Turn Signal Kit

Manufacturer Part Number:2098

J&P Part: 320-345

Here’s the link:

https://www.jpcycles.com/product/320...urn-signal-kit

Hope this helps

The following users liked this post:
SimonR (09-22-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 02:59 PM
Jag Jim
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Here's a link to a thread posted on this site
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...taillight.html
Not sure if it helps

When do you pick up the new ride?

SimonR (09-22-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 05:14 PM
SimonR
Tourer

Originally Posted by Jag Jim
Here's a link to a thread posted on this site
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...taillight.html
Not sure if it helps

When do you pick up the new ride?
Thanks guys - I should get the bike within a week ... getting new tyres fitted whilst it is in

Old 09-22-2018, 05:43 PM
SimonR
Tourer

Originally Posted by BB.No8
Harley Davidson make a license relocation kit to mount the license plate under the tail light lens like the Street Glide uses. The Kit comes with a relocated license plate holder, a new tail light lens with the license plate light on the bottom of the lens, new turn signal bar ( narrow like the new style like Road Glide), and a cover plate to hide the bolt holes that are left in the bar that holds the license plate (see photo of license plate bar on my bike). They are a little pricy, around $260.00 US.
I found this HD part ... but it says from 99 onwards .... PN 53702-04A

https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...relocation-kit

Old 09-22-2018, 08:59 PM
BB.No8
Tourer

OK, I know that Harley changes some of the parts on models every couple of years, so maybe the part will not fit an earlier model (it's called built in obsolescence). But when I checked the the Kurakyn signal kit on J&P Cycles website the J&P part number and the Manufacturer's part number are the same for a 1995 Road King and a 2005 Road King. I think the parts may be interchangeable between the 2 models. If you are up to it we can try something, unbolt your tail light and turn signal bar from your fender and take a measurement of the distance between the mounting bolts on the signal bar and also the distance on the mounting bolts on the tail light and let me know what it is. Also Take a Photo of the rear fender with these items removed so I can see if they mount up the same as mine. Hopefully they will match. Let me know.

Thanks

SimonR (09-23-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 02:29 AM
SimonR
Tourer

Originally Posted by BB.No8
OK, I know that Harley changes some of the parts on models every couple of years, so maybe the part will not fit an earlier model (it's called built in obsolescence). But when I checked the the Kurakyn signal kit on J&P Cycles website the J&P part number and the Manufacturer's part number are the same for a 1995 Road King and a 2005 Road King. I think the parts may be interchangeable between the 2 models. If you are up to it we can try something, unbolt your tail light and turn signal bar from your fender and take a measurement of the distance between the mounting bolts on the signal bar and also the distance on the mounting bolts on the tail light and let me know what it is. Also Take a Photo of the rear fender with these items removed so I can see if they mount up the same as mine. Hopefully they will match. Let me know.

Thanks
Brill ...

It will be next week when I get the bike home - but will take you up on the offer

Thanks

Simon

Old 09-23-2018, 11:47 AM
BB.No8
Tourer

Originally Posted by SimonR
Brill ...

It will be next week when I get the bike home - but will take you up on the offer

Thanks

Simon
OK, I'll wait to hear from you.

SimonR (09-23-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 04:50 PM
SimonR
Tourer

Been doing a bit more searching and found this on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Harley-Ch...f/302884524014

The mounting bolts for the bar to the fender are 5 1/4" centre to centre ...

Does anyone with a 95 RK happen to know the measurement

I'm presuming that the wiring is doable and it does seem a more cost effective way than going the HD dealer route

Thanks

Simon

Old 09-24-2018, 05:21 PM
BB.No8
Tourer

Originally Posted by SimonR
Been doing a bit more searching and found this on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Harley-Ch...f/302884524014

The mounting bolts for the bar to the fender are 5 1/4" centre to centre ...

Does anyone with a 95 RK happen to know the measurement

I'm presuming that the wiring is doable and it does seem a more cost effective way than going the HD dealer route

Thanks

Simon
Simon,

Are you sure on the measurements? Here is a Photo of the turn signal bar on my 05 FLHRS. I measure 5 3/4"center to center for the mounting holes. Note that the holes are at an angle. See attached photos. Note:The signal bar us photographed showing the bottom of the bar. It would mount 180 deg. from photo.

SimonR (09-25-2018)

Quick Reply: 95 FLHR Licence Plate Relocation