EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Quick question...

Old 11-10-2018, 05:10 AM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member

Received 954 Likes on 455 Posts

I'll count turns on all of them to see where it stands, making sure I remember where it's all at presently of course, heh. The tips are much appreciated.

Old 11-10-2018, 03:57 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,784 Likes on 3,300 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
E on a stock evo likes .0295 on the intermediate jet and 68 or 70 for the main, with warmed up motor the mixture screw should be just at 1-1/2 turns out with a hair either way if a 1/2 turn away from that go up or down a jet accordingly , make sure at an idle the accelerator pump port isn't dribbling gas, adjust if needed had a few I've had to file the rod down a bit for this.

.295/70 also the accelerator set at 2 full turns out from seated.. glad to hear you have a real carb .. love your brother, bro...... Good guy......

The following users liked this post:
tar_snake (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 03:14 PM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member

Now all I have to do is wait for the below freezing 'global warming' to end so I can actually get out there and do this and get it done.

bentparts (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 03:27 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,774 Likes on 17,441 Posts

39 on my back porch this am, was a cold ride to work.

tar_snake (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 06:18 PM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member

Yeah, getting 27's and such here, really not normal for this time of year here. Looks like I might have to do hit-and-runs at the cam swap...run out and do a little until my hands get so cold I can't hold anything well and then go back in to warm up a little, heh heh. Probably be a three day job doing it that way.

Old 11-11-2018, 07:00 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Ugg!
Hope it warms up for you ts

tar_snake (11-12-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 08:28 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,774 Likes on 17,441 Posts

Originally Posted by tar_snake
Yeah, getting 27's and such here, really not normal for this time of year here. Looks like I might have to do hit-and-runs at the cam swap...run out and do a little until my hands get so cold I can't hold anything well and then go back in to warm up a little, heh heh. Probably be a three day job doing it that way.
One of those propane radiant heaters works pretty well, enough to keep the hands workable and the hard chill off.

Amazon Amazon

tar_snake (11-12-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 11:23 AM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member

Thought about that, but since I tend to have to do my work unconventionally because of my screwed up back (needing to move and sit differently often, and often with legs laid out straight, etc), I'd have to have it pretty far out of the way and then it'd not be much help. Besides, I don't have much room to work in either, unfortunately. My parking spot/work area is a sheet of 3/4" plywood on hard pack dirt with about two feet of space between the right side of the plywood and my tool box (and all the other **** that sits next to the bottom carport rail, lol. My 'garage' is a two-car carport that I put siding on on three sides, had to lift it in certain ways to get it level, so the bottom rail is up off the ground a foot or so), it'd either trip me or I'd burn my foot or leg on it, heh.

It'll be okay, I'll do the hit-and-runs, the *real* problem will be worrying about my dumber-than-a-Pet-Rock-dog grabbing something I have sitting on the plywood and walking off with it to chew on it and lose it! (she truly is *THE* dumbest dog I've ever been around in my whole 56 years of life, and I've been around dogs almost that whole time! She's almost 2 years old now and still can't even learn to 'sit', is afraid of her own shadow and *still* since bringing her home at 3 months of age drags **** she finds from the garage or wherever and tears it up all over the yard so that I have to clean it all the time. She's only still alive because I'm having trouble finding another really good farm dog that *isn't* going to be afraid to kill a 'possum or 'coon trying to get at my chickens, and this one at least barks once in a while and that helps keep the critters at bay somewhat. Last good dog I had was the best I'd ever had. She was tougher than rawhide, and could kill a 10 pound 'coon without getting a scratch on her (she herself only weighed about 30 pounds, so she wasn't a 'big' dog)).

Old 11-12-2018, 10:12 PM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member

Whew! Day one, got 8 hours in to get everything out, cleaned up and ready for the new stuff. Got the new steel breather gear and cam in (with it's .050 shim), got the lifter blocks and lifters in (had to do the rear one a second time because one of the lifters slid out putting it in, meh), got one pushrod in and got it zero-lashed and then the 24 turns it calls for, new gaskets and stuff on the pushrod tubes and I go to put the spring cap retainer on and...won't go on. Seems a redhead c-hair too long now. Back got to hurting too much to do any more so will check tomorrow. Been sprinkling all day since I went out to start the job (I waited til it was supposed to get as warm as it could for the day - a whopping 42! It's 37 when I stopped). Supposed to be a high of 36 tomorrow (mutter)...hopefully I'll have the oomph to get out there and finish this thing up. 36 is the highest it's going to get for the next 4 days. It looks funny as hell to look out the window at the 'garage' and see this dismal little light I have out there (have to run a 100 foot extension cord to the garage from the house, lol), my bike up on it's funky little 'lift' ( it's similar to this thing only mine is made of steel tubing http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/bikelift.htm ), tools all over the plywood...it looks more like a little campfire with the bike parked near it, muaha!

Last edited by tar_snake; 11-12-2018 at 10:16 PM.
Old 11-13-2018, 05:41 AM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,784 Likes on 3,300 Posts

Pretty neat lift there... Where the hell do you live man . ? Today is gonna be pretty warm but we here in the island...57* stay warm..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Quick question...