EVO All Evo Model Discussion

My Evo Odyssey.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 12:14 AM
OLD 96
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,232 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally Posted by pjb
You should have done what was already recommended, and spent nothing to do it.
Loosen the intake bolts and move the whole intake manifold and carb up or down and it would line up fine.
Oh well.
pjb. If you would have read the thread from the first. You would have seen that I was replacing the Hyper Charger. It was certainly going to cost something. Unless you are willing to buy it for me.

Old 12-07-2018, 04:34 AM
pjb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 434 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by OLD 96
pjb. That is all well and good. Just beware of a manifold leak. Especially if your o-rings are old and brittle. It might be a good idea to replace those o-rings since you "broke the seal" on them. I am lazy. That is one reason I did not move the manifold. It might be a blessing in disguise that the Stealth did not line up.
When all is said and done. At the end of the day. All that matters is I got what I wanted and I did it my self. As I have mentioned several times. This is my first Evo. I am learning from the dedicated Evo owners here. Thanks.
Evo's don't use O-rings on the manifold

Old 12-07-2018, 04:36 AM
pjb
Stellar HDF Member

pjb. If you would have read the thread from the first. You would have seen that I was replacing the Hyper Charger. It was certainly going to cost something. Unless you are willing to buy it for me.
It would have only cost you what you had already bought, not had to buy additional makeshift parts.

Old 12-07-2018, 07:42 AM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Received 4,317 Likes on 1,946 Posts

Originally Posted by pjb
Evo's don't use O-rings on the manifold
You might want to rethink that statement.
https://www.denniskirk.com/s-and-s-c...ad=45713348557

Old 12-07-2018, 08:08 AM
pjb
Stellar HDF Member

He has a later head breather Evo. I would guess he has an S&S intake with his S&S carb, but who knows.
But the answer to his original question - why it didn't line up - is still that the intake and carb weren't aligned properly.
He's happy, I'm happy.

Old 12-10-2018, 06:40 PM
OLD 96
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by pjb
It would have only cost you what you had already bought, not had to buy additional makeshift parts.
I have tried to explain. Apparently you cannot keep up. Some are so narsissist that they cannot see another's view. OK. I admit I was wrong. I could have move the intake and all would have lined up. And all would be fine with the world. I was wrong and you were right.There you go. Are you happy now. I was not aware that S&S Cycles made "make shift" parts. I see you like the frying pan on the head smilie. Is that just for me?

Last edited by OLD 96; 12-10-2018 at 07:04 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-10-2018, 06:59 PM
pjb
Stellar HDF Member

I have tried to explain. Apparently you cannot not keep up. Some are so narsissist that they cannot see another's view. There you go. Referring to me in the 3rd person again.I was not aware that S&S Cycles made "make shift" parts. I see you like the frying pan on the head smilie. Is that just for me?
no problem keeping up.
the point for future readers that might come across this thread by doing a search of similar circumstances is just align everything properly.
I'm well aware that you are happy with what you did to your bike, but it's not entirely about you.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:24 PM
OLD 96
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by pjb
no problem keeping up.
the point for future readers that might come across this thread by doing a search of similar circumstances is just align everything properly.
I'm well aware that you are happy with what you did to your bike, but it's not entirely about you.
NOR IS IT ABOUT YOU, SIR. THANKS FOR YOU INPUT. Remember. If it were not for my original thread your expertise would not have been exposed for others to take advantage of.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:29 PM
pjb
Stellar HDF Member

What was your original plan for a air cleaner cover with the Stealth? Just curious.
loosing the hypercharger was a good move.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:56 PM
OLD 96
Grand HDF Member

Well. I really did not have a plan. Oh. I was going to use a stock ac cover. Just wanted to get rid of the Hyper Charger. I have ran S&S products for 35 years. Got on net and saw Stealth air cleaner and it's hype. And. Got caught up in it. You are correct. I could have moved intake and it would have fit. Brain fart on my part. Am glad it did not line up. I got with my outlaw shop and we came up with exactly what I wanted. Did away with (ssh) EPA required head breather back into intake. Used old S&S back plate I had from my Shovel Head days. You are right. The correct way would be reposition the intake manifold..

Last edited by OLD 96; 12-10-2018 at 07:57 PM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: My Evo Odyssey.