Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 09:39 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Default RE: Ultima 107" motor on a 90 model Bagger

ORIGINAL: paco

hey grbrown,

I am preparing to change the stock clutch to a riveria pro clutch, ordering the Ultima 6 speed today and still researching all the different rear stabilizer getups out there. I don't think i have any problems in the rear of the bike, but I don't do sweeping curves at 90 miles an hr either. Really the only rear end problems I have is my *** draws up whenI hit a curve running to fast. I have thought real hard about some new progressive 440 series rear shocks. So a set of new progressive shocks are $534.00 + stabo bushings $205.00 + true trac $400.00 = $1140.00. Now i can go 80-95 miles an hr around a curve where the speed limit is 45 miles an hr. Sounds sensible to me.

later...............

And HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY !!
Hi paco,

Happy New Year to you all too!

I have spent the first day of the new year getting my XB9R ready to swapfor a new XB12R that is waiting for me at the local dealers! Start the year as you mean to carry on - it iswarm enough outside for shirt sleeves.

The only stabilizer kits for evos that I have found are from True-Track. They also explain best, in my view, why they are a good idea, so I have also ordered a kit for my wife's Dyna. Going to be a busytime in the workshop for me!

Old 01-01-2008, 12:10 PM
TheGoat
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy New Year to all. 20 degress and snowing again. I will be lucky to ride by June at this rate. Good luck Paco on the install of the clutch and I am real curious how the Ultima 6 speed works out for you. Keep us posted.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:32 AM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Paco,
Sta-Bo make stabilzer bushings for Evo's, google them and check out their website. They make a great product, including some bushings that let you use the stronger late modem swing arm in the older bikes.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:40 AM
TheGoat
Tourer

Paco,
How goes the clutch install? Tranny come yet?

Old 01-06-2008, 10:54 AM
paco
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Goat,

How's the weather ? I was able to do couple hundred miles yesterday. Looked like rain but hey, it was a balmy 59 degrees. The 107 is running strong. As for the clutch, no I have not installed yet. I was going to wait for the trans. Then, I got to thinking, (not real smart), what if the Ultima trans main shaft splines are not the same as the Primo clutch splines. So, I did not order the trans yet. From all the info I can find they should be the same, but I am not really sure. But, As long as i get it ready before Feb 28,08 and have a little time to test ride it a few miles I should be OK. I will just renewmy roadside assistance policy ! Hey, Its 61 degrees today, I think I go and see if the ol'bit*h will crank.......... Have a good one.

later...............

update:
Ordered trans today(01-14-08).......should be here before end of the week...... need to borrow money !

Old 01-08-2008, 08:55 AM
TheGoat
Tourer

The weather here is good but I could never get the bike out of the icey driveway. Aleast you are still out riding. That is awesome. Keep me posted. Take care

Old 01-16-2008, 06:48 AM
paco
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Goat and all,

Trans came last Saturday. All looks good. Have not been able to get started on the installation as of yet. Since the weather here is going to be so shitty this weekend I am planning on trying to do the install then. Mr. Brown started a thread about the torque arm and the flexing of non stock engine applications, I hope I have come to understand the "flexing " issue. I have been looking for a cheap torque arm, then I realized that the trap door on the Ultima 6 speed is almost twice the thickness of a stock trans trap door, I don,t know if a "stock" Carlini Torque brace would work. Carlini Design | Products | Torque Arm One thing leads to another.

Any suggestions ? I have some plate aluminum here so I may try to fab one after the trans install. There may not be such a difference in the position of the trans and the motorafter the door is installed And I probably won't hammer the Ol'girl much.

later....................................

Old 01-20-2008, 09:33 AM
TheGoat
Tourer

Hey Paco,
How did the install of the tranny go and how does it go? I have heard about the torque arm and what it does. Was told I should get one before my old motor let go. I am sure I need it now with this motor I have as ithasmoretorque than the other one.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:15 AM
1yrb4hd
Banned Camp

100+ reply's and my as$ is too lazy to scan them all.......you have this motor broken in yet?

Dyno run?

Just curious of the #'s your gettin....if you've done that..as well as the cost if ya dont mind sharin.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:33 AM
TheGoat
Tourer

1yrb4hd,
I have been following your rebuild and I look forward to seeing the finished product.
I got about 800 miles on my new motor before winter hit and I did not get it on the dyno. Sorry I can't be of any help. Did you want to know what I paid for the motor?

Quick Reply: Ultima 107" motor on a 90 model Bagger