EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Ultima 127 problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 10:45 PM
90hotrod
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Made my third call, last Friday, voice mail left, w/number,to Charlie, asking him to call me. At this point I will wait till tomorrow night before I start getting pissed if I do not receive the courtesy of a call back.

Old 03-25-2014, 06:03 PM
90hotrod
Intermediate

I am happy to say that a couple of days after my 4th call, over a (2) month period, to Charlie at Ultima Warranty, he called me back, told me he could not do anything for me , because the engine was out of warranty but would hook me up w/ Mike who could override the warranty. Mike called me back and after explaining my situation and were I was at concerning the engine, he agreed to send me parts needed to rebuild it. Some times persistence pays off and my hat is off to Ultima for standing behind an engine that has had problems and stepping up.

Old 03-25-2014, 06:36 PM
Spanners39
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 438 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by 90hotrod
I am happy to say that a couple of days after my 4th call, over a (2) month period, to Charlie at Ultima Warranty, he called me back, told me he could not do anything for me , because the engine was out of warranty but would hook me up w/ Mike who could override the warranty. Mike called me back and after explaining my situation and were I was at concerning the engine, he agreed to send me parts needed to rebuild it. Some times persistence pays off and my hat is off to Ultima for standing behind an engine that has had problems and stepping up.
Awesome! Good customer service is a rare thing these days.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:36 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by Spanners39
Awesome! Good customer service is a rare thing these days.
Mmmmm! Not sure it's good, but it is certainly better than none, or the brush-off! Look forward to hearing that the poor thing is running again.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:06 PM
90hotrod
Intermediate

They know their were some weak points in the early engines. Mine was never beat on and maintenance was kept up and it broke twice, others beat on them and they keep going, go figure. After this build I will be out about $2,500 - 3,000 in labor costs over the course of my ownership of the 127, but it could be worse. The bike will be going to my brother and I will ultimately be happy w/Ultima. lol

Old 03-26-2014, 07:12 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Received 4,317 Likes on 1,946 Posts

They know their were some weak points in the early engines. Mine was never beat on and maintenance was kept up and it broke twice, others beat on them and they keep going, go figure. After this build I will be out about $2,500 - 3,000 in labor costs over the course of my ownership of the 127, but it could be worse. The bike will be going to my brother and I will ultimately be happy w/Ultima. lol

Sounds like you should'a been beating on it!!!

Old 03-28-2014, 01:04 PM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hotrod, Please, please, please make sure your oil pan/bag is spotless along with all the lines, etc. It doesn't take much to destroy an engine. We usually clean them twice to make sure it's clean, then do it one more time. We use pen lights and magnifying glasses to make sure it's clean. Repalce the oil nines as well. Bikers choice has magnetic filters that work well too.
John

Old 03-28-2014, 02:05 PM
90hotrod
Intermediate

Originally Posted by miacycles
Hotrod, Please, please, please make sure your oil pan/bag is spotless along with all the lines, etc. It doesn't take much to destroy an engine. We usually clean them twice to make sure it's clean, then do it one more time. We use pen lights and magnifying glasses to make sure it's clean. Repalce the oil nines as well. Bikers choice has magnetic filters that work well too.
John
Thanks John, I had heard from another source that debris left behind destroys a lot of rebuilds, I will pass that on. I am kind of "gifting" it to my brother w/the understanding that it comes back to me when that time comes. It is a upgrade from his '82 Superglide. When he rides, it is w/me. I have gone to the other side, this time. Some reliability comfort and whatever it brings.lol Thanks again.

Attached Thumbnails Ultima 127 problem-f6b.jpg  
Old 08-07-2014, 08:08 PM
90hotrod
Intermediate

Thanks John, I had heard from another source that debris left behind destroys a lot of rebuilds, I will pass that on. I am kind of "gifting" it to my brother w/the understanding that it comes back to me when that time comes. It is a upgrade from his '82 Superglide. When he rides, it is w/me. I have gone to the other side, this time. Some reliability comfort and whatever it brings.lol Thanks again.
Well my brother may get the Shtbk back this weekend. Mechanic has had it for over 4 months, good rep, does it on the side, but is s l o w . Said it was a very poor build, bike that is, and I am lucky I was not killed on it, hodge podge of used parts, sold as new. I believe it considering the problems I had from the start, not even counting the 127 going out TWICE. But I would buy it back if given the chance, I believe it is right this time. Love my F6b, just got back from 2,000 mile ride to Sturgis, the Black Hills and back.