EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Ultima 127 problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 03:52 PM
SportsterBob
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ultima has some pretty inexpensive starters.....Lifter goes out at 1,700-mi....Thanks for the info....

I almost bought one of their starters for $129.95....Glad I didn't! Thanks again!

Old 05-29-2009, 05:44 PM
t150vej
HDF Community Team
Received 1,672 Likes on 1,091 Posts

Well, you really can't ask for much more than that, I figure.

Keep in mind, the oil pump will only send "crap" back to the oil tank... I mean, I saw a post where that happened to an Evo and they conned him into (out of) 4000.00+ (total rebuild)

You know your shop guys, I do not. Just be careful. I reckon you already have lots of bucks and mental damage invested, before this episode

Old 05-29-2009, 06:59 PM
choptop
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SportsterBob
Ultima has some pretty inexpensive starters.....Lifter goes out at 1,700-mi....Thanks for the info....

I almost bought one of their starters for $129.95....Glad I didn't! Thanks again!

I have one of thier 160.00 starters, has worked for a year now, swapped it out myself, if a get a few years out of it I am happy.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:02 PM
choptop
Cruiser
Default 127

Originally Posted by t150vej
Well, you really can't ask for much more than that, I figure.

Keep in mind, the oil pump will only send "crap" back to the oil tank... I mean, I saw a post where that happened to an Evo and they conned him into (out of) 4000.00+ (total rebuild)

You know your shop guys, I do not. Just be careful. I reckon you already have lots of bucks and mental damage invested, before this episode
Shop is local, I am comfortable w/them. Owner told me I could chance pump but return side could be week and not empty engine and could have oil out vents, recommended I replace, rest is a no brainer, have to do. I am very thankfull Ultima is stepping up, I did not have the money for the whole deal.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:18 PM
pajoe
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SportsterBob

It's unfortunate about Choptop's 127. However it is good to know that Ultima is going to help make it right.

I have been using one of those "$119.00 + free shipping, inexpensive Ultima starters" on our '90 Ultra for a couple years now, maybe 20,000 miles or so. I can't say how well our Ultima 113 will last as it only has a little over 3000 miles on it. I do know that everyone that has had problems has gotten good warranty service from Ultima.

On Edit: Please post the phone number you used to contact "Matt", you never know when some one else will need to contact Ultima.

Last edited by pajoe; 05-29-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:38 AM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Ultima engines are having no more or less growing pains than S % S, Merch, TP, or any other engine manufacture. We've installed them all, and have had problems in the begining. Ultima will make a lot of things good, even after the warranty is over, try that with Harley. When you take in to consideration that most people aren't buying 100+ inch motors to drive back and forth to church on Sundays, I think it is pretty standup of them to do so. They also listen to their dealers and try to fix problems as fast as they can. All in all they give you a real value for your dollar, which I think is a good thing in todays economy.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:19 AM
TheGoat
Tourer

I lost my lifters at 4000 and again at 8000 with the cam. Ultima took care of it and sent me updated lifters, cam and pushrods. The warranty was out after the second time but Matt said, "I will make it right." He did and he didn't have to do it. They have treated me right and I know of a few other people on here that have been taken care of as well. If I ever need to buy another motor, it will be an Ultima just because of the service and help I have got from Matt. Can't ask for any better.

Choptop, Glad everything worked out for you!!!!

Old 05-30-2009, 11:01 AM
choptop
Cruiser
Default 127

It is refreshing that a company looks long term in relationship to it's customer base and how to keep them loyal. If it turns out as Matt said, I will be a happy camper and pass on the word and purchase Ultima again.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:02 AM
TheGoat
Tourer

It will turn out that way. You will get the parts and gaskets to get it up and running again. Let us know when it is backup and on the road.

Old 05-31-2009, 12:58 PM
choptop
Cruiser
Default 127

Originally Posted by TheGoat
It will turn out that way. You will get the parts and gaskets to get it up and running again. Let us know when it is backup and on the road.
Did you have to send your parts back, first, for verification ?

Quick Reply: Ultima 127 problem