EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Peace and Quiet with an Evo!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 04:17 AM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,173 Likes on 6,217 Posts

Grandchildren sitting on your bike is a welcome sign of old age.

Those nice pictures make me smile.

It's a really long story but Wednesday night I had to drive my old Corvette into and out of a shallow ditch to avoid a collision with a car that was approaching me spinning out of control with large tree branches flying everywhere. Surprisingly my car is fine. My lower back is sore from tensing up and maneuvering so hard. Had I been in my Jeep I would have flipped. Oddly enough, my battery had died in my Jeep that night hence me taking the vette.

Put a new battery in the Jeep Friday morning and it starts and runs fine.

My Jeep sustained $1,760 worth of hail damage on the hood and cowling April 2 but State Farm is going to take care of it with only a $50 deductible on the comprehensive coverage.

Oh yeah, the brakes on the old Corvette are fine. When all four wheels locked up, the tires sliding in the asphalt was really loud.

Last edited by Prot; 04-22-2017 at 04:31 AM.
Old 04-22-2017, 06:07 AM
Imold
another old guy

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,726 Posts

Good save, Prot. I barely missed a cop car some years back when he tried to whip a too fast u-turn in front of me and lost it; if I hadn't avoided instead of just braking, I would have t-boned him.

Grandchildren, old age... yeah, guess I'm getting old. Grandson wanted a pick of his new sister in the sidecar, but I don't think she was as thrilled about it. No, she didn't get a ride. Dad said she never will, daughter told me, she'd handle him when the time came. She rides, too. Last month she was 7 months, he was 7 years (8 this month), I was 70 years... kinda old for new grandkids. Daughter says stick around, she isn't finished.

Name:  MampL%20in%20sidecar%20720x.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  115.7 KB

Last fall we played in farmland, swapped places, and I took this as he rode by with Mom in the sidecar. I'd love to have a bigger sidecar on a Harley, this Russian thing is slow. But it was cheaper than just a sidecar for the Harley.

Name:  mitch%202016%20fall%20ride%203.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  188.4 KB

Old 04-22-2017, 07:01 AM
Prot
Club Member

It's the Little Pumpkin Charlie Brown!

Old 05-01-2017, 05:32 PM
Prot
Club Member

I hope everyone is enjoying themselves in the breeze.

Old 05-02-2017, 11:12 AM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,668 Likes on 1,660 Posts

Originally Posted by Prot
I hope everyone is enjoying themselves in the breeze.
We've had absolute ***** weather for the last week. Nothing but rain, and a cold rain at that.

Finally back out today. It was glorious. Always love that first ride after being shut out for a few days.

Old 05-02-2017, 11:33 AM
Imold
another old guy

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,726 Posts

There was actually some snow mixed in with yesterday's rain. Today's the first time I've seen the sun in a while, finally going to have some dry time, and before I even got out of bed, daughter called and said plans changed, can I take care of my granddaughter (8 months old). Oh well, maybe tomorrow...

Old 05-03-2017, 11:22 PM
Prot
Club Member

I have temporarily moved in with my parents on Monday due to being sick. Tonight I am finally feeling like I am on the better side of it, and am hoping to get back home on Friday morning.

I has a bad reaction to one of the medicines that I was prescribed so I will get that one added to my chart as never to take again.

Old 05-04-2017, 05:47 AM
ElliotDenson
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This model is really too good.

Old 05-04-2017, 10:29 AM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,668 Likes on 1,660 Posts

Originally Posted by Prot
I have temporarily moved in with my parents on Monday due to being sick. Tonight I am finally feeling like I am on the better side of it, and am hoping to get back home on Friday morning.

I has a bad reaction to one of the medicines that I was prescribed so I will get that one added to my chart as never to take again.
Ugh. I hope some day they get all this figured out. Seems like it's been going on forever. I can only imagine how it must seem to you. Damn.

I'm guessing you're not planning on making the Texas Meet-up? It would be nice to see you there, but the way things have been going, I sure understand you not wanting to head out on a long trip.

Got hung out in the rain yesterday. No big deal, but it did convince me to not try squeezing out another season from last year's front tire. Squirrely as hell going around corners in the wet. Got a new one coming.

Random thought: I know it looks dorky, but I love having that Tourpack on the bike. I use it pretty much every day, running errands around town.

Random tip: I used to have the Devil's own time figuring out how to get the vacuum hose re-attached after working on the carby. Found these longazz, bent-head needle nose pliers, and they make it child's play.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:15 PM
Prot
Club Member

Those types of pliers are used by fishermen to remove the hook from a fish's mouth.

My current ailment is having to do with nausea, vomiting, diarrhea etc. My medical history complicates matters. I was feeling much better this morning until I decided to try some solid food in the form of a small amount of instant mashed potatoes. That was a huge mistake and I am suffering right now because of it. The last solid food I have had was lunch on Monday. I have been surviving on one or two Boost shakes per day.

Somebody post up some cake so I can fantasize about that.

Quick Reply: Peace and Quiet with an Evo!