I just got up and now I am thirsty. LOL

Old 03-20-2019, 06:31 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Jim Kraft
I just got up and now I am thirsty. LOL
Sorry 'bout that! It's almost lunchtime here, getting close to beer-time.....

Old 03-20-2019, 06:52 AM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,810 Likes on 3,315 Posts

Originally Posted by grbrown
Sorry 'bout that! It's almost lunchtime here, getting close to beer-time.....
Excuse me Sir.. but any time is beer time...

Old 03-20-2019, 06:53 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Red face

Originally Posted by 98hotrodfatboy
Excuse me Sir.. but any time is beer time...
Silly me!

Old 03-20-2019, 03:52 PM
Imold
another old guy

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,726 Posts

.... 54 deg in old money. ....
Then 54 minutes in the freezer and it would be purrfect on a hot day! I was in an experimental American-Aussie military unit in a little war somewhere long ago, and we had the treat of occasionally getting Aussie beer. Stronger than we Yanks were used to, but most of us liked it fine, and just the way the Aussies liked it - frosty!

On another subject, purrfect reminds me, the father in the British show "Darling Buds of May" said it often, and kind of like I spelled it with the emphasis on "purr". Nobody does old period pieces as well as the British.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:15 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Cool

Originally Posted by Imold
Then 54 minutes in the freezer and it would be purrfect on a hot day! I was in an experimental American-Aussie military unit in a little war somewhere long ago, and we had the treat of occasionally getting Aussie beer. Stronger than we Yanks were used to, but most of us liked it fine, and just the way the Aussies liked it - frosty!

On another subject, purrfect reminds me, the father in the British show "Darling Buds of May" said it often, and kind of like I spelled it with the emphasis on "purr". Nobody does old period pieces as well as the British.
We used to have several US Airforce units around these parts and introducing the airmen to our local beers was always good sport - for us. My sister married one! One beer in particular is very strong, yet slides down the throat so easily, catching out the uninformed and unsuspecting.....

The real darling of that tv show is Catherine Zeta-Jones, aka Mrs Michael Douglas. Sigh......

Old 03-21-2019, 10:25 AM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,668 Likes on 1,660 Posts

I do enjoy a nice Guinness served at the correct temperature.

But when I've been working outdoors and am looking to refresh, give me a tongue-bitingly cold Coors!!

Old 03-21-2019, 10:36 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Talking

Originally Posted by 0maha
I do enjoy a nice Guinness served at the correct temperature.

But when I've been working outdoors and am looking to refresh, give me a tongue-bitingly cold Coors!!
Coors now own breweries far and wide, especially in the old Eastern Europe as well as here in the UK. If you can find Staropramen from Prague do try it, one of our favourites, but also Worthington White Shield - to die for - from Burton-upon-Trent, as mentioned above! Cheers.....

Old 03-21-2019, 12:06 PM
Imold
another old guy

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,726 Posts

The real darling of that tv show is Catherine Zeta-Jones, aka Mrs Michael Douglas. Sigh......
I forgot that, her first recurring role on a tv series, one of her earliest parts, too. The dvd didn't have captions, so I had to back up a few times to try and figure out what they were saying. Australians sound almost natural to me, had so much exposure to it, but some of the British accents take some extra effort for me. Almost as bad as some of the big city and southern accents in the U.S. ...

Old 03-21-2019, 05:32 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Red face

Originally Posted by Imold
I forgot that, her first recurring role on a tv series, one of her earliest parts, too. The dvd didn't have captions, so I had to back up a few times to try and figure out what they were saying. Australians sound almost natural to me, had so much exposure to it, but some of the British accents take some extra effort for me. Almost as bad as some of the big city and southern accents in the U.S. ...
We have the same problem around some of our regions! I recall posting a short video of a Scottish rugby player a while ago, which even I (with some Scots blood the noo) couldn't properly make out.

Quick Reply: Peace and Quiet with an Evo!