EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Now I feel like a real "wrench" (minus the skills of course...)!

Old 01-11-2010, 10:49 AM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Now I feel like a real "wrench" (minus the skills of course...)!

I'm like a pig in slop today! I just HAD to show this off! Here's my birthday present from my wife for this year!

Yesterday we were out and about, and I mentioned that I had always wanted a "real" mechanic's tool chest, and it would be a great birthday gift. My birthday isn't actually til next month, but after a few seconds of silence she says "OK, but I assume you want to pick it out?" I said "Yeah"... so we go look at them, and I chose this Husky we saw at Home Depot. I didn't want to get it yet, but she said "Well, if you need it and it will make you happy, Happy Early Birthday! Just remember that you already got your birthday gift when your birthday actually gets here!"

It has a pull-out flat work surface at counter height in the middle, lots of drawers in varying heights, and even a power strip with 6 grounded outlets on the right side.

What a wife, huh? How the hell did I ever get this damn lucky??? Third time was a DEFINITELY a charm for me!

I asked her what she wants for her 50th coming up in May - and no kidding, she said "new carpeting upstairs and custom granite countertops in the kitchen!". I told her we could get those, but in my mind they don't really qualify as appropriate 50th birthday gifts. Anyone have any ideas???

Attached Thumbnails Now I feel like a real "wrench" (minus the skills of course...)!-husky-tool-chest.jpg  
Old 01-11-2010, 10:56 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

nice tool box man that will hold everything you need to work on the bike.

as for
but in my mind they don't really qualify as appropriate 50th birthday gifts
on what she wanted ive come to find if they ask for it it is what they want just like my wife tells me she thinks tools and stuff like that really aren't a present since i work industrial maint and alot stuff i like and want is work related for work or for the bikes.

So get her the stuff she asked for then something special she wants and nice night out for dinner etc.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:07 AM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member

Originally Posted by OhioSkully
nice tool box man that will hold everything you need to work on the bike.

as for
on what she wanted ive come to find if they ask for it it is what they want just like my wife tells me she thinks tools and stuff like that really aren't a present since i work industrial maint and alot stuff i like and want is work related for work or for the bikes.

So get her the stuff she asked for then something special she wants and nice night out for dinner etc.
Thanks! Yes, it will hold every mechanic's tool I have! And I'll finally be able to FIND the one I need, when I need it! Took 53 friggin' years, but now I'm set!

Understand what you're saying about gifts, and getting them what they say they want! My wife said the same thing... "Well, if the new carpet and granite countertops aren't 'appropriate', then neither is your tool chest 'cuz it's just to store your tools in." I mean - what do you say to that? It's just what I wanted, and to me it qualifies as a "fun" thing, not a "house" thing!

I'll take your advice and get her what she says she wants - but there will be something more. She saw a beautiful diamond ring when we were in Vegas over Christmas... maybe I'll call them and see if it's still available... she's very picky about jewelry... I would never just buy something I thought she would like, 'cuz she almost certainly wouldn't!

A woman's 50th birthday is a big thing that I don't want to screw up! Only get one shot at that one!

Old 01-11-2010, 02:08 PM
legacycycles
Oops
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A woman's 50th birthday is a big thing that I don't want to screw up! Only get one shot at that one! [/QUOTE]

Spoken like a man wise beyond his years..lol..

Old 01-11-2010, 02:56 PM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,187 Likes on 1,264 Posts

You blew it. You should have went to Lowes and got the BIG tool box with the stereo system and refrigerator in it (no ****).

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...19D&lpage=none

No thats a tool box. Only about $1,900.

As for the 50th, if she was happy with the granite countertops and carpet you should have kept your mouth shut. Now you have to get her a present and you are STILL going to pop for the rug and counters.

oh well. You are lucky to have her.

Old 01-11-2010, 03:10 PM
legacycycles
Oops

Originally Posted by carlgrover
You blew it. You should have went to Lowes and got the BIG tool box with the stereo system and refrigerator in it (no ****).

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...19D&lpage=none

No thats a tool box. Only about $1,900.

As for the 50th, if she was happy with the granite countertops and carpet you should have kept your mouth shut. Now you have to get her a present and you are STILL going to pop for the rug and counters.

oh well. You are lucky to have her.
I know right...I feel jipped..Ive got over 5k in my snap-on and bluepoint boxes (both used)and all they do is hold tools...go figure.

Old 01-11-2010, 03:19 PM
legacycycles
Oops

I shoulda bought lowes...Snap-on H-D box..2800.00 Used...Blue Point box...2500.00 Used...Craftsman Box cant remember.And all they do is hold tools.The sad part is there all three full,but i aint buying no more tool boxes......anytime soon.

Attached Thumbnails Now I feel like a real "wrench" (minus the skills of course...)!-img_1681.jpg  
Old 01-11-2010, 03:27 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member

Originally Posted by legacycycles
A woman's 50th birthday is a big thing that I don't want to screw up! Only get one shot at that one!
Spoken like a man wise beyond his years..lol..[/QUOTE]

LOL! Well, I AM 53... so how long should it take to learn?

What makes it even more difficult is that she bought me Bertha for my 50th... so I DOUBLY can't screw this up! I am thinking maybe a cruise somewhere - she loves cruising and traveling.

Old 01-11-2010, 03:43 PM
abbzer0
Intermediate

Nice tool box man! The only reason I'm glad I don't have that one, is because I would have grease all over the nice stainless finish! lol.... Thats why mine is black. But boy, it sure does look great!

Old 01-11-2010, 06:05 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member

Thanks for the posts everyone!

I looked at that big-*** one at Lowes with the fridge and stereo. But I already have a full-size refrigerator full of beer in the garage that we put out here when we got my wife's dream fridge in the house, and I have my laptop speakers out here, and a boom box... so I'm good to go! This one was $749 for both bottom and top, and I couldn't see spending a G-note more for it than this one. Hell, I could buy ANOTHER one of these for less than that one would have cost, and have WAY more storage!

Good point about the stainless steel... oh well, it looks good so far, and too late now! I looked at the black ones at Lowes, but they weren't quite as big as this one, and this one has a nice pull out shelf that I can use to work on things standing up, which is nice. The bottom drawer is about 8" high, and the next 3 up from that are about 6" high - lots of room to stash bigger tools and stuff.

Just finished putting the bulk of my tools in it, and still have a couple of empty drawers and room left in the others. I also have a 2' x 8' workbench I built, with 2 22"x45"x6" drawers that the tools had been in... now they'll be available for storing parts and stuff.

And yeah, I should have just accepted that my wife wanted carpets and granite counters and left it at that... Me and my big mouth!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Now I feel like a real "wrench" (minus the skills of course...)!