EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Has anyone seen THIS paint combo before? It's factory 92

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 01:00 PM
alaskajeff
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tactical111
I get the vibe he's just waiting for some @sshat to comment on the color. : )
REALLY?! But thanks (NOT) for jumping in with a comment like that..........
Anyway I've always wondered about the color since I have the bike now and my brother is gone. I don't have any way to find out the REAL STORY. This is how it looked in June of 2004 when I pulled it out of the shed after he passed. I guess he finally got tired of the color? I wish he pulled the tins with the original colors and got new ones, instead he had them painted over.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:03 PM
alaskajeff
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
I just sent her an e-mail asking for pictures. This is what she sent me back.

Re: Pink question.
no, I don't.. it was pink and pewter and there were only about 100 of them made... I actually ran into a girl at R&R who had one too.... and it was definately a factory paint job..
WOW interesting! THANKS for the info. I wonder if I contact HD with the VIN they could shed some light??

Old 09-22-2010, 01:11 PM
Tactical111
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile A man's color....

Originally Posted by not_so_newb
i have to assume that bike actually belongs to the girl on the back of it , and your brother is just helping her get it home so she can learn how to ride it . there's no way any guy would buy that bike , and in fact i think Harley salesmen are trained not to sell anything that color to a male customer . it's just wrong !!!
Ok, now tell him to his face. Jeez, I just realized he had passed?? I was just jesting about the color. So sorry about your loss and sorry if I offended you. It was all in fun I thought.

Last edited by Tactical111; 09-22-2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: apology
Old 09-22-2010, 01:53 PM
alaskajeff
Road Captain

Ok, now tell him to his face. Jeez, I just realized he had passed?? I was just jesting about the color. So sorry about your loss and sorry if I offended you. It was all in fun I thought.
Maybe you should do more of that FIRST!! Before typing...............
I've got pretty thick skin, no harm no foul.

Old 09-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

He did paint it black. Had to be a reason. If I was going to repaint in memory of him, it would surely be the black that he himself had chosen.
(post #11)

Old 09-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Tactical111
Road Master
Thumbs down Mind reader?

Originally Posted by alaskajeff
REALLY?! But thanks (NOT) for jumping in with a comment like that..........
Anyway I've always wondered about the color since I have the bike now and my brother is gone. I don't have any way to find out the REAL STORY. This is how it looked in June of 2004 when I pulled it out of the shed after he passed. I guess he finally got tired of the color? I wish he pulled the tins with the original colors and got new ones, instead he had them painted over.

From what I'm seeing here you don't mention he's passed until this note right here. You post a pic of your deceased brother on a pink Harley without telling us he's dead then jump my **** when I joke about it? Maybe it's YOU who need to think a little, dude. Plus you even mention the pink color and "his size" so how is it that you get upset when someone else follows up on it??? HUH?????

Old 09-22-2010, 04:09 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Regardless of the above misunderstanding,.......

Don't paint the bike pink! He he! It would be an insult to the former owner.

I am one who loves the limited color schemes from years past. SEVERAL of them I love. But that gray pink thing is just not worth trying to redo. It's a bad combo. The owner repainted it to a much better color.

Of Course peoples tastes differ, so take my comment as only one man's opinion.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:29 AM
alaskajeff
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
Regardless of the above misunderstanding,.......

Don't paint the bike pink! He he! It would be an insult to the former owner.

I am one who loves the limited color schemes from years past. SEVERAL of them I love. But that gray pink thing is just not worth trying to redo. It's a bad combo. The owner repainted it to a much better color.

Of Course peoples tastes differ, so take my comment as only one man's opinion.
Don't worry, I'm NOT going to repaint it "Magenta" any time soon! I've just always been curious about the original color. I left it black for the first year I had it up here, but then decided to continue modifying it in his honor.
And Tactical111, I'm over it aready, what part of "I've got thick skin, no harm no foul" ddn't you get? Let it go PLEASE.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:22 AM
Tactical111
Road Master
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by alaskajeff
Don't worry, I'm NOT going to repaint it "Magenta" any time soon! I've just always been curious about the original color. I left it black for the first year I had it up here, but then decided to continue modifying it in his honor.
And Tactical111, I'm over it aready, what part of "I've got thick skin, no harm no foul" ddn't you get? Let it go PLEASE.
You got it, bro. Actually I was just trying to compliment him anyways by implying how bad and tough he looked on the bike and only a fool would comment on the color . I lost a brother myself to a hunting accident years ago and know it's tough. I didn't realize until after I sent that post that your's was gone too or I wouldn't have touched the thread. Ride safe and hard.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:15 PM
96roadking
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In years gone by, HD couldn't make bike fast enough to fill the demand and people were put on waiting lists. I don't know why your brother bought that particular color scheme but maybe it was just because it was available (the bike, I mean). I too lost a brother when I was in the army, to cancer. It's sad, because I barely remember him now.

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen THIS paint combo before? It's factory 92