EVO All Evo Model Discussion

can anyone tell me what i've got???

Old 01-22-2011, 05:20 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default can anyone tell me what i've got???

i just bought a custom chopper last week down in dallas. it's got an atlas softail frame, and an ultima 6 speed transmission. the heads have the cast words "pro one" up near the spark plugs in big letters, and yes, they're cast into the heads. the bike also has an inverted fork and contrast cut aluminum wheels where the 5 spokes are actually bolted to the rims. the rotors and pulley are all contrast cut with the same design. the fenders and gas tank are all fiberglass, and the bike is more of a pro street style rather than a long fork chopper. i'm not sure if the motor is a pro one, or another build, like ultima, rev tech, etc. everything about this bike is pretty hi tech compared to my 08 streetglide. it has the compu-fire ignition box at the lower downtubes, and twin tech coils, two of them. if anyone has an idea as to what i've got, please chime in. and it's an evo style motor. this thing surely isn't an 80" motor, it pulls extremely strong. i'll gladly send pictures to anyone for a diagnosis of what the heck i have. i'd attach pictures in here, but i can't do it with the high resolution. any opinions??? if so, then please pm me. thanks.

Old 01-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,682 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Post the numbers and anything else stamped on the engine case.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:57 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 484 Likes on 352 Posts

Sounds like one of the many choppers that were being built 10 or so years ago. Many were assembled with decent parts and sold for quite a bundle. What does the title say? If it doesn't say a known manufacture like big dog, its a typical parts bike chopper.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:00 PM
TORQUEY
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by emwolb
i just bought a custom chopper last week down in dallas. it's got an atlas softail frame, and an ultima 6 speed transmission. the heads have the cast words "pro one" up near the spark plugs in big letters, and yes, they're cast into the heads. the bike also has an inverted fork and contrast cut aluminum wheels where the 5 spokes are actually bolted to the rims. the rotors and pulley are all contrast cut with the same design. the fenders and gas tank are all fiberglass, and the bike is more of a pro street style rather than a long fork chopper. i'm not sure if the motor is a pro one, or another build, like ultima, rev tech, etc. everything about this bike is pretty hi tech compared to my 08 streetglide. it has the compu-fire ignition box at the lower downtubes, and twin tech coils, two of them. if anyone has an idea as to what i've got, please chime in. and it's an evo style motor. this thing surely isn't an 80" motor, it pulls extremely strong. i'll gladly send pictures to anyone for a diagnosis of what the heck i have. i'd attach pictures in here, but i can't do it with the high resolution. any opinions??? if so, then please pm me. thanks.

You've got me so intrigued, I can't stand it! Post pictures of ANY resolution, please!

Old 01-22-2011, 08:12 PM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 227 Likes on 152 Posts

If its a homemade kit chopper, may be next to impossible to get insurance on it.,,

Old 01-22-2011, 08:41 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

it appears to have been built at thunder cycle designs, eddie trotta's shop. and it wasn't hard at all to get it insured. i took care of that the day i bought it, i took it in the back of my truck on my way home to my insurance agent, and he's one agent who was able to insure my 1924 dodge coupe, chopped, channeled, 509" big block mopar, and the car weighs 300# less than a ford pinto. if anyone would care to see pictures of the bike, email me at emwolb_31@yahoo.com i can easily send the pictures of the bike in email. thanks for the replies guys. i'm just curious as to what i got here. it originally sold for just over 30 grand, and it's titled as a 98 year model. no expense was spared when it was being built.