EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Maybe 3, Possibly 4 Bent Pushrods?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 08:14 AM
glidein wide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

Thanks wp !! Got me,read a lot before I seen the date !! Fifteen minutes of my life I can't get back !!

Old 08-13-2017, 11:14 AM
WP50
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,698 Likes on 1,153 Posts

I was on page 2 and saw a post from Miacycles.

That's when I looked at the date
We're good we didn't post on the subject.
WP

Old 08-13-2017, 11:45 AM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Received 4,317 Likes on 1,946 Posts

Originally Posted by r12b1299
I just found this Thread.

I've bought 3 set of these Quick Install Pushrods but no more. They are made in China for Harley, I think they are made out of Tin because they have all bent.

This is how the Chinese work and you should be calling Harley, complaining about them. Harley's Exec are Stupid when it comes to dealing with the Chinese, they think they are like their long gone American suppliers. So the Chinese will screw them in a Heart beat with the savings on materials, then laugh all the way to the Bank. The trouble is you get stuck with the Garbage and can't figure out why this happened to your Bike.
First welcome to the Forum.

Second get S&S ez-install pushrods and you will find they are much stronger than the others.

Third it is always best to start a new thread for a new conversation.

Old 09-13-2022, 09:08 PM
Robert Bain
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pushrod adj!

Originally Posted by dz1087
Well, what I wound up doing was just giving each of the front rods an extra quarter turn. I wasn't sure how I should get them to pump back up, and based off of some of miacycles and others' posts that called for a little extra turns on the rods, I just gave a little extra instead of completely resetting them.

I did notice something else yesterday though. I checked my oil, and I was quart low... After re-adjusting the rods, and adding the oil, I let the bike get warm. It seemed that the noise was less than before, but I didn't ride it anywhere, so we'll see once I get it back on the road.
You need to put the front cyl at top dead center on the compression stroke and check to see if both lifters are down all the way then take all the slack out of each pushrod one at a time then slowly tighten them until you have no up and down movement ( just making contact at each end) then tighten them per the number of flats the rods call for per the manufacturer and then lock them in then wait up to 20 min and see if you can spin each one relatively easy and if so move to the rear and again set it at top dead center and the rear has its own timing mark so make sure you have the correct one for each! Pull the plugs before hand and when you're done turn the bike over by turning the back rim with the plugs out and listen for any off noises before you fire it up! Good luck!