EVO All Evo Model Discussion

EVO UC with radio issues

Old 11-13-2006, 02:23 PM
hamnhog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVO UC with radio issues

Does anybody know of an aftermarket replacement for a 96 EGUC radio/intercom? Biketronic has a nice system for EG without the intercom and CB but I'd like to keep both. I've surfed all the vendors I can think of and find no package or compatible parts to do what I need. One possible option is replacing the '96 radio unit with a later model but that gets real expensive real quick and I don't know for sure that it's possible. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-13-2006, 05:44 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: EVO UC with radio issues

I've occassionally seen units on ebay fairly reasonably priced. I know it's not much help but the best I can offer.

Bubba

Old 11-15-2006, 02:54 PM
4x4Given
Tourer

I wonder if hamnhog found one? My factory radio was replaced by the previous owner who basically just cut all the wires for the intercom and CB! [:@] I would like to return it to stock or at least have the CB and intercom back again.

Old 11-16-2006, 02:24 PM
hamnhog
Cruiser

No, I have not found a suitable solution. The best bet for you might be a salvage yard or EBay. I may have to go that route myself to find a radio/intercom unit that can be repaired and then just swap it. It appears there was a big change in '98 but nobody seems to know enough to talk about what was changed. Pretty frustrating. Good luck with your problem.

Old 12-08-2006, 02:38 PM
hamnhog
Cruiser

I have located a shop that sells refurbed radios for this bike. They also sell refurbed CB's for these older models. The company name is Radio Sound in Louisville, KY. Number is 800-367-4506. They deal with the riding public for out-of-warranty repairs and with dealers for warranty work. The charge for my radio is $135 exchange for the AM/FM and the same for the CB. Kinda steep but it beats no radio or some significant loss of functions for a non-factory replacement. I will be pulling and shipping in the near future and will post the results soon after return. BTW, the tech was very helpful in providing some ways to test to see if there is really a radio problem or if it might be an antenna issue. They have some pretty firm information requirements, so call before preparing to ship them anything for repair. Just so you'll know...