EVO All Evo Model Discussion

naked ultra ! always wondered.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 11:19 AM
BungoBill
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question naked ultra ! always wondered.

Been thinkin recently about how my old 91 Ultra would look in a different guise. Have any of you guys got pics. of an Ultra stripped naked or radically altered?
Thanks in anticipation. Bungo.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:30 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a cool idea of a naked Ultra, but you would have to get a custom fender made... Have you seen the fender on them with the bags and everything off? Gross. You would probably have to do some stuff to the forks since it normally has all of the mounting points and attachements. But it does sound like a pretty cool idea.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:58 AM
BungoBill
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Sounds like a cool idea of a naked Ultra, but you would have to get a custom fender made... Have you seen the fender on them with the bags and everything off? Gross. You would probably have to do some stuff to the forks since it normally has all of the mounting points and attachements. But it does sound like a pretty cool idea.
Hi Captain,Ive seen the fender & rear shocks with the bags off on my 91 and you are spot on...gross. Heres hopin someone comes up with a pic. that makes us think again. Luv your Fat Boy! Bungo

Old 02-22-2012, 12:02 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

If you went back far enough, it would just look like one of these ...

... but, now the headlamp is mounted in the fairing (as are all the instruments) ... there is a company, Bruisers Inc, that makes a bagless bagger kit ...

... still doesn't look all that great with the saddlebag hardware on the fender ...

R/
'Chop

Attached Thumbnails naked ultra ! always wondered.-038.jpg  

Last edited by SURFOR Chop; 02-22-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:22 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by BungoBill
Hi Captain,Ive seen the fender & rear shocks with the bags off on my 91 and you are spot on...gross. Heres hopin someone comes up with a pic. that makes us think again. Luv your Fat Boy! Bungo
Thanks man! So the closest thing I found is this: http://www.quickexcessories.com/index.html

... Not sure if I like the look.

Now I did find a pic of an RK without bags and a reworked fender and it looks better, but those damn shocks, funky looking swing arm and the rod that holds up the exhaust still look gross... Not sure of a way to clean that look up.

Attached Thumbnails naked ultra ! always wondered.-140556d1285111034-anyone-have-photos-of-their-road-king-without-the-saddlebags-2dsc01214.jpg  
Old 02-22-2012, 12:52 PM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Many of the "old" choppers and bobbers were either stripped down baggers or sporty's.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:28 PM
pigbike
Advanced

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Thanks man! So the closest thing I found is this: http://www.quickexcessories.com/index.html

... Not sure if I like the look.

Now I did find a pic of an RK without bags and a reworked fender and it looks better, but those damn shocks, funky looking swing arm and the rod that holds up the exhaust still look gross... Not sure of a way to clean that look up.
Whew those skirts are funny looking. I would just take off the tour pac and leave the saddlebags. If I had the mini skirt on my bike I would walk home, not to be seen on it.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:44 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Now I have seen some with the tour pack stripped off, and it pretty much makes it look like an SG, but with the extras of an ultra.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:02 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Someone on here has a light yellow RK on here that is sweeeeeeettt! Chrome shocks anyways. Looks good anyhow.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Kushman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My bike is an 85 that has been stripped down to look more like a SG. Love the look and people are never sure what year as well there is enough room in the saddle bags to carry my “groceries” (2x15 cans min.). I also have the tour pak and the extra seat and put them on the bike when we are going on longer trips (the OL likes the backrest). One thing you might want to consider if you are going to remove the saddle bags would be a new set of pipes to get rid of the brackets. I have to agree with other posters the skirts look like, well skirts.

Quick Reply: naked ultra ! always wondered.