Best bike lift - Page 7 - Harley Davidson Forums

Evo Classic Models All Evo Models

Best bike lift

P

Old 08-12-2017, 06:51 PM
Outstanding HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadmax View Post
That looks like a nice table lift. Unfortunately I don't have the available floor space so I have a J&S for the quick jobs and I have a Kendon Lift if the bike is going to be off the ground for bigger jobs. When not in use it just stands up against the wall.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hey Man For This Useful Post:
nibroc (08-26-2017), Nomadmax (08-21-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 07:35 PM
Club Member

Some really nice jacks and tables in this thread. Wish I had the room for a table but really only need a jack anyway.

Between this thread, mfg. web sites and reviews I'm going for the J&S.
The only question I have is that their site says for all Harley's but the compatibility list doesn't call out my model.

I only have a little '17 Iron so I guess I have to get the dimensions and measure a bit. But will the lift rails grab underneath at good spots. Anyone use this baby on a small Iron?
Old 08-13-2017, 10:45 AM
Outstanding HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowstone kelly View Post
This looks like a really nice lift. It would look great in my garage.

But if I were to buy one, it would cost me whatever this lift costs, plus about $10,000 for the divorce lawyer, plus 1/2 of everything else I own.

That's a little more than I want to spend right now....
Your wife must know my wife.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:50 AM
Outstanding HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rust View Post
Some really nice jacks and tables in this thread. Wish I had the room for a table but really only need a jack anyway.

Between this thread, mfg. web sites and reviews I'm going for the J&S.
The only question I have is that their site says for all Harley's but the compatibility list doesn't call out my model.

I only have a little '17 Iron so I guess I have to get the dimensions and measure a bit. But will the lift rails grab underneath at good spots. Anyone use this baby on a small Iron?
I don't think they've made significant changes to the basic sporty frame in forever...at least not since they went to the engine isolators (2004 I believe)...and even then the basic geometry on the lower tubes is the same.

I'd make a phone call to J&S to confirm, but I'm sure you'll be fine.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:09 AM
Outstanding HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowstone kelly View Post
But if I were to buy one, it would cost me whatever this lift costs, plus about $10,000 for the divorce lawyer, plus 1/2 of everything else I own.

Try this:

"Honey, I won it in a raffle!!! I bought a ticket on a new motorcycle for 10 bucks about two months ago and this was second prize!"
Old 08-24-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigbike View Post
I don't have a bike lift, and would like to get one to raise the bike for cleaning and maintance.

I need one that is somewhat compact, as I don't want to be tripping over it when it's not being used. I would also want one that lifts as high as possible.

Any good suggestions ????
I don't think you can go wrong with the cheaper Harbor Freight or Northern Tools lift. For the money they are great. To make mine rock steady, I always use it with the casters removed. Admittedly, it's hard to find a lift that can do everything and fits all bike frames. Anyone who has tried to modify their Softail shocks can relate. Just my 2 cents. Good Luck.

P