King Spoke (Fat Spoke) Wheels by Ultima - Page 21 - Harley Davidson Forums

Evo Classic Models All Evo Models

King Spoke (Fat Spoke) Wheels by Ultima

P

Old 02-07-2016, 03:35 PM
Outstanding HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSheff View Post
Loved the look and kept them polished and waxed. After 2 years noticed the rear wheel was still like new, but the front spokes started flaking. Contacted Ultima - basically tough ****......
That's a bummer it didn't happen before the warranty expired. But yeah, once that happens it's tough **** for everybody on everything.

Mine are still holding up perfect, never even wax them. Just hit them with the pressure washer occasionally and blow dry with the air hose. Just don't have the ambition to polish & wax 80 fat spokes. I can't imagine how long that must take.

You sure did a nice job on that bike, looks great!
Old 03-07-2016, 11:34 AM

Anyone have issues with the rear spacing/Hub offset?

Trying to install a 16x3.5 Rim on the rear of my 07 Deluxe with 150-80/16 Avon Cobra. I mocked it up with the fender off and everything seemed to align OK with factory spacers. However, when I install the rear fender the wheel is clearly offset to the left too far, as it is rubbing the inside of the fender.

If I move the wheel to the right to align the tire-fender, the caliper alignment will be off, and there is no way to shim the caliper since it wraps around the rear axle?

My question is, have others had the same issue? Making new spacers isn't a big deal just curious if this is typical as there is not a whole lot of chatter on here about install issues.

Any input would be appreciated...
Old 03-07-2016, 12:38 PM
Supporter

Did you mix and match the spacers to get the wheel centered without the fender on? I would get the manual to see if the rear is factory offset. Some models are......
Old 03-08-2016, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98hotrodfatboy View Post
Did you mix and match the spacers to get the wheel centered without the fender on? I would get the manual to see if the rear is factory offset. Some models are......
I didn't notice the offset until I tried to put the fender on....mocked up with stock spacers on same sides as stock rim to check belt and brake rotor alignment, and they were OK. Swapping the stock spacers side to side will only make it worse.....
Old 03-08-2016, 11:50 AM
Club Member

It doesn't help followers to have same question in 2 different threads running simultaneously without referencing each each other. Diagnostic info gets lost.

Followers See Here https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...luxe-rear.html

Old 08-01-2017, 01:38 PM

just checking in. wheels are almost 2 years old now and still look great. have taken the bike to the beach several times with no ill effects too. i cleaned them when i got back of course, but some wheels still tend to pit/flake after a salt water trip. these are holding up quite nicely...so i'm still very happpy with my purchase.

keep your knees in the breeze fellas!!

Last edited by bron964; 08-01-2017 at 01:52 PM.
Old 09-02-2017, 07:58 PM

I installed the 21x3.5 single disc front King Spoke with matching rotor by Ultima on my 2012 Heritage today and I have to say that I'm impressed by the initial quality if the wheel and rotor. It was a direct replacement from the factory 16. I can say, after a short ride, that a Progressive front lowering kit is in my near future.

P