EVO All Evo Model Discussion

King Spoke (Fat Spoke) Wheels by Ultima

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 10:14 AM
Rhills1988
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stock rotor, non cvo. just put the factory rotor on the king spoke wheel . seated the abs bearing first used the factory center spacer then seated the passenger side bearing to the center spacer ( just to touching) which does not put the thin bearing all the way down into the wheel, if you shim the abs bearing between the bearing and its seat inside the wheel it will work perfectly. same spacing all the way across the wheel. but that forces the wheel towards the passenger side of the bike and with the correct shim the rotors and wheel then center and line up perfectly. however i dont feel like this is the correct way to do it and would like to see if their is exact kit of spacer measurements and center spacer mesaurments to not use shims. any advise will help. basically an 1/8 of an inch behind the bearing would work perfect. (guesstimate). thanks for any help

Old 01-08-2018, 11:39 AM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Passenger side of the bike? So, you have a sidecar, but is it the U.S. or Brit setup?

Old 01-08-2018, 12:09 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,236 Likes on 1,812 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhills1988
stock rotor, non cvo. just put the factory rotor on the king spoke wheel . seated the abs bearing first used the factory center spacer then seated the passenger side bearing to the center spacer ( just to touching) which does not put the thin bearing all the way down into the wheel, if you shim the abs bearing between the bearing and its seat inside the wheel it will work perfectly. same spacing all the way across the wheel. but that forces the wheel towards the passenger side of the bike and with the correct shim the rotors and wheel then center and line up perfectly. however i dont feel like this is the correct way to do it and would like to see if their is exact kit of spacer measurements and center spacer mesaurments to not use shims. any advise will help. basically an 1/8 of an inch behind the bearing would work perfect. (guesstimate). thanks for any help

Harley sells (and uses on some production models) Bearing Shims for that purpose...to allow earlier Sealed Bearing wheels (designed to use 21mm wide bearings) to be used on later bikes with 15mm wide beariings (x 25mm ID).

That's basically what you're doing trying to install those King Spokes on your 2011 Touring.

IRC, I think the Front Touring Shim is approx .183" (I'd have to verify).

Read this... might give you some insight

Sealed Wheel Bearing Shim/Spacers...What they are...Where they go

Old 01-08-2018, 12:26 PM
Rhills1988
Stage IV

Yes that exactly it Multihdrdr. i have been searching my brains out for this shim, I saw the shims shown in that thread link you provided for sale but could not find a measurement on the shims I have seen, or exact application listed. and you are 1000 percent correct, ultima king spoke wheel with factory installed 1 inch bearings and designed for their use on 1 inch bearing bike, used on a 11 touring. I was to the point I was going to turn some stock on a lathe to fit but really didnt want the involved time with it not being able to find measurements on that spacer HD sells. always messed with 1 inch or 3/4 inch bikes and first time dealing with the 08 and up design.

Beemervet, sorry its just habit to reference by drivers or passenger side of anything so theres no confusion about if i am referring to the left side standing in front of it or left side while sitting on the machine. gonna see if I can find the part number on that shim and order a couple.

Thank you all for your help its much appreciated!!

Old 01-08-2018, 12:45 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,236 Likes on 1,812 Posts

For Touring Wheels...

43903-08 FRONT shim
43904-08 REAR shim

You use only 1ea Front and Rear under each "Primary Bearing" Side...So under the ABS bearings.

Use your 2011 Center spacer sleeves and existing wheel spacers

Old 01-08-2018, 12:49 PM
Rhills1988
Stage IV

Just ordered a couple the same part number. thanks again, would have ordered them two weeks ago, just couldnt find info on measurements and fit.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:04 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhills1988

Beemervet, sorry its just habit to reference by drivers or passenger side of anything so theres no confusion about if i am referring to the left side standing in front of it or left side while sitting on the machine. !
On a motorcycle it is always as sitting on the bike so there is no confusion. Same for autos.

I was just being a smartass, couldn't find the appropriate smilie.
A sense of humor goes a long way here.

Old 06-17-2018, 07:16 PM
Alvarez32
Stage III
Default 07 softail deluxe 21x3.5

Hey guys really wanting one of these Ultima king spoke wheels. I have searched up and down and I can’t seem to come across a part number or anything for a 21x3.5 king spoke for a 2007 softail deluxe! Any help advice or direction would be greatly appreciated! Will call jerih in the morning!

Old 02-27-2019, 05:09 PM
fbslimaz
Novice

Bringing this back from the dead. Is anyone running these on a Softail Slim with abs?

Trying to order a 16/21 set, but I’m having trouble finding ones that say they fit. Do I just order the ones for a 1” axle then get the 25mm abs bearings? Any shins needed?

Old 02-27-2019, 09:15 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Received 4,317 Likes on 1,946 Posts

Originally Posted by fbslimaz
Bringing this back from the dead. Is anyone running these on a Softail Slim with abs?

Trying to order a 16/21 set, but I’m having trouble finding ones that say they fit. Do I just order the ones for a 1” axle then get the 25mm abs bearings? Any shins needed?
Just so you know this is the EVO section and none of your questions are relevant to an EVO so I highly doubt you will find the answers you need here.
You will have better luck getting answers to your questions if you start a thread in the softail section.
Good luck on finding the answers you need.

Quick Reply: King Spoke (Fat Spoke) Wheels by Ultima