EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Ebay Andrews EV27?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 08:54 PM
Broncobilly72
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ebay Andrews EV27?

Anyone here every buy a cam for their bike on Ebay? I am curious; as I have been looking there for an Andrews EV27 for my 97 Road King. I figured while I am changing out the oem cam bearing, for a Torrington, I might as well swap out the cam.
I see there is a seller on Ebay, selliing Andrews EV27's - from $100 to $114 with free shipping in the states. This seems to good to be true! I wonder if the cams are Chinese knock-off's? Just wondering if anyone has ordered a performance cam for their Harley, off of Ebay? The seller on Ebay with the cheap NEW Andrews EV27's - goes by the user name kustomemporium

I have no connection with this seller, just trying to find out if anyone here has ordered a cam from him? Trying not to get a Red Star knock off here I guess I would rather pay a little more, knowing I am getting the real deal. I assume J&P and Jireh Cycles - screeen their suppliers' pretty good?

Old 12-26-2012, 09:04 PM
Edster 69
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered one from BK Rider off of eBay along with Andrews chromoly adjustable push rods and Fueling lifters delivered to my door in Toronto Canada for $500 and change. I believe the EV27 was $132.99 best deal I could find on ebay and I have dealt with BKRider before with no issues.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:13 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,784 Likes on 9,863 Posts

I have bought plenty of stuff off EBay. No trouble that wasn't taken care of. Check their satisfaction rating. Anything under 99% pass on. I just checked their rating. Looks like they do well. Go for it.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:22 PM
1997bagger
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,629 Likes on 843 Posts

I currently work 10 minutes from Kustomemporium, overall they have a good name and I bought alot of parts from them but had 1 bad dealing that the owner made right but was at his convienance and not a paying customer, decided to spend money elsewhere. Friends and co-workers still purchase parts from them, never heard of them ripping someone off.

They will sell a run of a name brand items that are cheaper than anyone, I'll try and give Chris a call and ask him if they are Andrews- located in Sharonville Ohio

Last edited by 1997bagger; 12-26-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Broncobilly72
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 1997bagger
I currently work 10 minutes from Kustomemporium, overall they have a good name and I bought alot of parts from them but had 1 bad dealing that the owner made right but was at his convienance and I have decided to spend money elsewhere. Friends and co-workers still purchase parts from them, prices are good and it will be a EV27 and not a knock off as I never heard of them ripping someone off
1997 Bagger,
Thanks for that input! That puts my mind as ease, and I will be buying the EV27 from them, as they have the cheapiest price on that cam on Ebay. Edster 69 and Machinistmate, thanks for the input as well I know a few years or so back, Comp Cams and some other companies, had trouble with Chinese knock offs (received defective cams from angry customers, which were in fact not made by them, but had thier name on them) - as I recall from a Hot Road magazine article.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:46 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Broncobilly72
1997 Bagger,
Thanks for that input! That puts my mind as ease, and I will be buying the EV27 from them, as they have the cheapiest price on that cam on Ebay. Edster 69 and Machinistmate, thanks for the input as well I know a few years or so back, Comp Cams and some other companies, had trouble with Chinese knock offs (received defective cams from angry customers, which were in fact not made by them, but had thier name on them) - as I recall from a Hot Road magazine article.
That's where I bought my EV27, I found the feedback I left them back in July. Here's the cut & pasted feeback:

Awesome Seller, Immediate Shipping, Tracking Provided, Simple Transaction! AAA+

NEW IN BOX !! Andrews Cam EV27 Grind Harley Evo 84-99 ev 27 291127 (#130732777072)US $105.00

Last edited by PanHeadRich; 12-26-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:46 PM
Broncobilly72
Cruiser

PanHeadRich,
I am going to place my order on the EV27, as soon as I get some $ in my bank account. Can't wait to see how the new Andrews cam will perform, this coming riding season!

Old 12-28-2012, 07:09 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Broncobilly72
PanHeadRich,
I am going to place my order on the EV27, as soon as I get some $ in my bank account. Can't wait to see how the new Andrews cam will perform, this coming riding season!
I'm sure you're going to like the difference. I get less pull right off the line than with the stock cam, but I now draw the gears out further. And you'll love the pull through the upper RPM range. It almost feels like I changed my gear ratio. Pretty cool change, definitely worth doing IMO

Old 01-03-2013, 01:01 AM
Broncobilly72
Cruiser

Originally Posted by PanHeadRich
I'm sure you're going to like the difference. I get less pull right off the line than with the stock cam, but I now draw the gears out further. And you'll love the pull through the upper RPM range. It almost feels like I changed my gear ratio. Pretty cool change, definitely worth doing IMO
PanHeadRich,
We'll I finally got around to ordering my EV27 cam. Based on your and other's input. I can't wait to see the changes in performance - with the old Road King. It will be nice having more power to pass semi's with now Next up is ordering up the Andrews adjustable lifters.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:11 AM
Pinetop
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

checkout powersports in Austin,
tx. they are the cheapest I have found

Quick Reply: Ebay Andrews EV27?