Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   EVO (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/evo-84/)
-   -   Seat recommendations ? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/evo/739843-seat-recommendations.html)

HarleyGyrene 03-03-2012 12:03 PM

Seat recommendations ?

I like the look and feel of my stock '97 FLSTC seat, but after a few days in the saddle, it starts feeling a little "hard". I find myself setting back and up on the rear section. Anyone found a better touring seat ? Want to stay with the solo style, but one that would be wider and allow to sit a little deeper or further back...

Let me know what you liked and more importantly those you DIDN'T like before I drop a bunch of cash.

Thanks...

Jethro 03-03-2012 12:24 PM

Just ordered it before last summer... SADDLEMAN. I had the original FXSTC too. Sucked. 4200 miles, can't recommend it enough. :)

pigbike 03-03-2012 12:26 PM

I have been looking at new seats too. I think i have it narrowed down to a Mustang touring seat for my 90 Ultra. They make the same solo seat also. The other option is having a new custom seat made from the old seat pan.

Back when I rode A Harley 8 hrs a day 5 days a week the bike had a police solo seat that was comfortable.

RidemyEVO 03-03-2012 12:47 PM

I put on a new Mustang last summer and can;t really say it was much different from my old seat other maybe a bit firmer.

TUCCI 03-03-2012 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by RidemyEVO (Post 9473422)
I put on a new Mustang last summer and can;t really say it was much different from my old seat other maybe a bit firmer.

Yeah I found the same deal with my wide super solo Tourer. It took 500-600 miles before it started to feel somewhat comfortable. As subjective as seats are, I'm of the mind if it starts out hard its pretty much going to stay that way. The backrrdt is the beet ive ever had in comfort, adjustment and fit. I don't dislike it enough to be considering a remodel with MCC althuogh ive had the idea on a backburner.

miacycles 03-03-2012 02:13 PM

Check out Mean City Cycles. I had them rework my '95 FLHTC and my wifes '06 Dyna because she has a bad back after an auto acident. We also reccomend them to all of our customers with a 99% satisfaction ratio. The 1% that didn't like it sent it back, they re-did it for free and he was happy. I can't reccomend them enough. Almost forgot they are a forum sponsor too!!! Hope this helps.

V-Twins & Bowties 03-04-2012 06:13 AM

Try Bead Rider seat cover. They worked for me and you put them on and off. Best thing is they won't break the bank.

HarleyGyrene 03-04-2012 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by RidemyEVO (Post 9473422)

Yeah, that's the impression I get from reading a lot of posts about Mustang seats.

HarleyGyrene 03-04-2012 07:32 AM

Hmmm.... forgot about police solos. I think I might even have one stashed up in the rafters. Would have to rework the mounts, but might be worth trying.

rivercityslim 03-04-2012 02:09 PM

+1 on Mean City Cycles. They redid my stock seat and both the old lady and I have been very pleased with the result. They can take any seat and make it better.