Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Freshly Decatted

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 09:29 AM
Offroadmaniac
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Freshly Decatted

A few weeks ago I asked on our DFW Harley Riders Facebook group about someone local to decat factory headers and found a local who had bought some decatted from ebay and never used them. He offered them to me for $100 and I jumped. Yesterday I finally went by the dealership and picked up some gaskets and got after it. The hardest part was getting the new gaskets in the heads without ruining them but finally got them in. Got her all back together and no leaks. I read where getting the crossover together without ruining the gasket is hard so I bought that gasket too but never had to use it, the crossover went right back together no issues. It does have more of a bark now with my full boar slip-ons but not too much. Took her for a little ride to test out and it seems to run fine with the factory fuel injection setup. Now that output is all open, time to save some dollars for my V&H naked air intake and FP3.

Old 04-02-2016, 10:52 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by Offroadmaniac
A few weeks ago I asked on our DFW Harley Riders Facebook group about someone local to decat factory headers and found a local who had bought some decatted from ebay and never used them. He offered them to me for $100 and I jumped. Yesterday I finally went by the dealership and picked up some gaskets and got after it. The hardest part was getting the new gaskets in the heads without ruining them but finally got them in. Got her all back together and no leaks. I read where getting the crossover together without ruining the gasket is hard so I bought that gasket too but never had to use it, the crossover went right back together no issues. It does have more of a bark now with my full boar slip-ons but not too much. Took her for a little ride to test out and it seems to run fine with the factory fuel injection setup. Now that output is all open, time to save some dollars for my V&H naked air intake and FP3.
I would not wait long before you get the FP-3 or some tuner.