Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Fullsac duals with Rineharts

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 08:53 PM
jjlw
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Fullsac duals with Rineharts

Anyone run Fullsac true duals, rineharts and screamin eagle air cleaner on an 03 ultra with an 88" motor. I've tried several maps from Power Commander and Fuel Moto. This thing seems to run hotter than with the fullsac duals than the stock headpipes.
Anyone have any suggestions or a good map?

Old 01-19-2017, 02:45 PM
Kitsoldman
Cruiser
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm just now going to that identical system on my 12 limited. I'm a bit surprised no one has chimed in yet on this. I ordered a power vision as well so I'll post back with the head temp. Difference after I get the job done. What tuner are you using? I have to believe fuel moto could get that problem solved, their reputation is impeccable around here.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:02 AM
Harley-Jim
Road Captain
Received 438 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by Kitsoldman
I'm just now going to that identical system on my 12 limited. I'm a bit surprised no one has chimed in yet on this. I ordered a power vision as well so I'll post back with the head temp. Difference after I get the job done. What tuner are you using? I have to believe fuel moto could get that problem solved, their reputation is impeccable around here.
I've been thinking about this same setup on my 2015. I am a fan of Rinehart and love the sound the true duals 3.5" make on my 2003 FLHTCUI with the power commander. The V&H big radius are good but IMO the Rineharts sound better.
Curios about the notes they make and how they look. Could you comment and post a pic installed on your ride? Thanks

Old 01-20-2017, 07:07 AM
Harley-Jim
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jjlw
Anyone run Fullsac true duals, rineharts and screamin eagle air cleaner on an 03 ultra with an 88" motor. I've tried several maps from Power Commander and Fuel Moto. This thing seems to run hotter than with the fullsac duals than the stock headpipes.
Anyone have any suggestions or a good map?
Sorry I can't help with the map, did run warm with a canned download map so I had the bike dyno tuned.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:45 PM
jjlw
Tourer

I contacted Fuel Moto and they sent me a canned map that was close for my set up. I ran it for a while it seemed to run warm. I am now running a map direct from Power Commander and it seems to run a little cooler.

HarleyJim, did your rineharts on your 03 flhtcui have a "chirpy" sound to them?

Old 01-22-2017, 07:51 AM
Harley-Jim
Road Captain

jj, it did show up after running approximately 60,000 miles through them. It would come and go. Originally I thought it was leak but after half a dozen times taking it apart putting it back on with new gaskets and sealer it never went away. I suspect some carbon had built up that was creating that whistle/chirp. I ended up using brake cleaner to clean the inside of the mufflers. All is well with 140,00K miles. Funny thing was I would hear it while riding but could never hear it off the bike. I got together with a brother and had him ride by me at different speeds and rpm and could never hear it.

Old 01-29-2017, 02:35 PM
jjlw
Tourer

Looks like I'll try to pull these apart one of these days and see whats going on inside. Might have some carbon build up or maybe a cracked baffle. Chirping is driving me crazy. Sounds like George Jetsons cat flying around in the mufflers.