Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Exhaust System Topics (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/exhaust-system-topics-57/)
-   -   Two Bros v Bassani (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/exhaust-system-topics/1159788-two-bros-v-bassani.html)

Doc4545 02-18-2017 10:30 PM

Two Bros v Bassani

I'm currently running the Road Rage with short muffler on my '14 FXDF. I know a few guys running the Two Bros 2-1 on their bikes. I like the lower tone of that pipe plus it's shorter length compared to the Bassani.

Anyone know how the performance compares between these two, haven't found anything online though I may have failed in the search? I'm running the ventilator a/c and have the HD Supertuner. Thanks.

harleymojoman 02-23-2017 11:24 PM

I just saw the Two Brothers pipes at Avalanche HD in Denver last week, very pretty and Veeery expensive!

Doc4545 03-04-2017 09:01 PM

Yeah, Avalanche seems to push the Two Brothers system when it comes to 2-1. My bike has the Bassani, the prior owner had a parking lot tip over, the exhaust is fine but scratched pretty good. The heat shields are an easy fix but I'll need to buy a new muffler (like many of us I'm kind of anal about appearance, don't want the bike to look beat up). Cheap compared to a whole new system.

I do like the way the bike runs but like the lower tone of the Two Brothers when I've heard them on 110 motors, assume it would be similar on the 103. Of course if I go with the new system then I need to pop for a dyno/tune so I'll probably just order the parts from Bassani and live with it.

Doc4545 04-09-2017 12:49 PM

Well I went with the Two Bros. Dyno numbers are are only 2 ft lbs difference but that might be due to the ambient temp compared to the other tune. This pipe has more of a "growl" to it over the Bassani. The Road Rage is more of a booming, lower range tone. The Two Brothers is definitely louder when I jump on the throttle plus it sits just a tad higher and the shorter length augments the look of the bike for me.

It's also a very high quality built system. Pipes are actually black whereas with the Bassani only the heat shields and muffler are.

mason85 02-13-2018 01:19 PM

I know this is an old thread but you have experience with both pipes so I'll ask anyway.
Which one do you consider to have a "quieter" tone to. I've got Python slip ons now installed from previous owner and they're kind of annoying on a 15 Fxdb. I'd like to make the change to a 2 into 1 but I'd prefer a more mellow tone or at least deeper. I'm thinking the smaller diameter pipes are to blame for the sound of the pythons.

Doc4545 02-14-2018 09:13 AM

I can’t really say one is quieter than the other-it’s a different overall tone that they have. Sorry that’s not much help.

If you don’t jump on it much they’re almost equal-just different tones.

mason85 02-14-2018 12:14 PM

I get what you're saying.

Thanks for the input and getting back with me.

Doc4545 02-15-2018 11:37 AM

You're welcome! For me the it was mostly the aesthetics of the shorter muffler that I feel augments the look of the bike since the performance is a wash.

Good luck with your choice and look forward to seeing your ride after your decision. Ride safe.