Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

2017/m8 Forsch slip ons

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 12:00 AM
79RootBeerFXS
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017/m8 Forsch slip ons

Not finding much info on these. Has anyone installed these on their M8? Looking for feedback.

Old 04-15-2017, 06:29 PM
CdnArmyGuy
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 79RootBeerFXS
Not finding much info on these. Has anyone installed these on their M8? Looking for feedback.
Heard they are not bad. My dealer sells them, they are produced in Kitchener ON. Ive heard the sound on a 103. Not bad.

Old 07-19-2018, 08:40 AM
Cold Forged
Cruiser
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

I know this is an older thread, but I just installed the Forsch Performance 4.5" Mufflers (Chrome Bodies with Black Anodized End Caps & Hanger Bosses).
Here are some things I noticed about them for those who are considering Forsch:

https://www.forschperformance.com/co...-dual-slip-ons

After a good 2 hour run I'm extremely happy with these mufflers.
They just keep sounding better and getting deeper in tone.
I didn't notice any decel popping, or Street Cannon type gurgling...there is actually a nice deep roar when decelerating and/or engine braking.
There is no noticeable loss of torque and acceleration seems smoother.

Drive-ability has actually improved in several ways:
With the stock mufflers it was difficult to drive slowly in a smooth manner and it required more feathering of the clutch.
I can now drive more slowly in low gears with more control and without surging.
With the Forsch Performance mufflers the bike idles more smoothly (at 850 RPM) with a bit less vibration, but now there is a welcome touch of "Harley" loping.
I think that these improvements are the result of reduced, but well balanced back pressure.
It would seem that the stock mufflers were so restrictive, that the exhaust pulses bounced off the closed end of each baffle and led to vibration - causing the tail to shake the dog (or hog, in this case).

I see no need to go to Stage 1 at this point. In fact, there is a good chance it could ruin a good thing!
I'm not going to take that risk, especially when it would cost over $900 Canuck Bucks to get the SE Air Cleaner and Pro Street Tuner (parts & installation) and no guarantee that things would noticeably improve.

I think that these mufflers are the single best thing I have done to improve my 2018 Road King (other than the Mustang Summit Seat).

Old 08-02-2018, 06:17 PM
FLSTF
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Cold Forged
I know this is an older thread, but I just installed the Forsch Performance 4.5" Mufflers (Chrome Bodies with Black Anodized End Caps & Hanger Bosses).
Here are some things I noticed about them for those who are considering Forsch:

https://www.forschperformance.com/co...-dual-slip-ons

After a good 2 hour run I'm extremely happy with these mufflers.
They just keep sounding better and getting deeper in tone.
I didn't notice any decel popping, or Street Cannon type gurgling...there is actually a nice deep roar when decelerating and/or engine braking.
There is no noticeable loss of torque and acceleration seems smoother.

Drive-ability has actually improved in several ways:
With the stock mufflers it was difficult to drive slowly in a smooth manner and it required more feathering of the clutch.
I can now drive more slowly in low gears with more control and without surging.
With the Forsch Performance mufflers the bike idles more smoothly (at 850 RPM) with a bit less vibration, but now there is a welcome touch of "Harley" loping.
I think that these improvements are the result of reduced, but well balanced back pressure.
It would seem that the stock mufflers were so restrictive, that the exhaust pulses bounced off the closed end of each baffle and led to vibration - causing the tail to shake the dog (or hog, in this case).

I see no need to go to Stage 1 at this point. In fact, there is a good chance it could ruin a good thing!
I'm not going to take that risk, especially when it would cost over $900 Canuck Bucks to get the SE Air Cleaner and Pro Street Tuner (parts & installation) and no guarantee that things would noticeably improve.

I think that these mufflers are the single best thing I have done to improve my 2018 Road King (other than the Mustang Summit Seat).
$950.00 for a pair of slip ons??? Oh hell no!

Old 08-02-2018, 06:47 PM
Cold Forged
Cruiser
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by FLSTF
$950.00 for a pair of slip ons??? Oh hell no!
U.S. prices for the Forsch Slip-Ons are actually closer to $675 (4") and $730 (4.5") including alloy end caps.
There are many U.S. premium slip-ons that cost more than that.

I wouldn't pay $950 either, even if it was in our devalued Canuck Bucks.
However, I got a massive discount by visiting the Forsch demonstration booth on Friday the 13th at Port Dover, Ontario.
Their premium 4.5" slip-on ended up costing less than the SE Street Cannons with end caps.
The Forsch sound and quality of construction is far superior to the Street Cannons.
And, I won't have to deal with typical Street Cannon issues such as chronically breaking and/or loose baffles, and the pathetic "under-water-gurgling" sound created by the Street Cannon end caps