Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

V&H short shots vs Crusher maverick for 103 street bob

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 08:08 PM
Kdev
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&H short shots vs Crusher maverick for 103 street bob

I want to put an exhaust on my 103 street bob, along with that i am thinking ill put the FP3 runner on and a intake by crusher, I am somewhat torn between the V&H short shots and the crusher maverick systems as i have read that people are loosing torque with the short shots, but gaining torque and hp with the crushers, but from my understanding the over all quality of the V&H is superior. I have never seen the crushers on a bike yet but see lots of people with V&H riding around so its really hard to judge in person, so I'm looking for perhaps little advice/ opinions between these two.

Old 04-25-2017, 08:18 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Not familiar with the other but my V&H Short shots are of great quality. !8k miles of hard riding and not a single scratch or blemish or spec of rust to be found. That said they are annoyingly loud. My vote is the V&H big radius. Son had them on his 2015 Bob and while loud they are aimed more to the ground which helps muffle the sound a bit and you don't lose as much performance. If I keep my Dyna much longer I will be installing a set myself.

Old 04-26-2017, 02:11 AM
Sleighman
Novice

I have the big radius right now and I am selling it on ebay. I just ordered the Crusher Maverick. My bike has an intake, Big radius and a TTS tuner- dyno tune. It runs good but a friend has a street bob with a 103 with the Mavericks and an intake and he is right at the same level as mine with a tune. The big radius is nice but it doesn't sound like a Harley. It sounds completely different and its loud as well. I have had the big radius for a year and its been good. Just changing things up. I should have it installed in a few days. Then in a few weeks I shall have it put back on the dyno. I went with the Crusher because everyone else is running vance and hines.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:50 AM
Kdev
Stage IV

Originally Posted by Sleighman
I have the big radius right now and I am selling it on ebay. I just ordered the Crusher Maverick. My bike has an intake, Big radius and a TTS tuner- dyno tune. It runs good but a friend has a street bob with a 103 with the Mavericks and an intake and he is right at the same level as mine with a tune. The big radius is nice but it doesn't sound like a Harley. It sounds completely different and its loud as well. I have had the big radius for a year and its been good. Just changing things up. I should have it installed in a few days. Then in a few weeks I shall have it put back on the dyno. I went with the Crusher because everyone else is running vance and hines.
That's why I like the mavericks too because they are different, I'm not such a huge fan of the big radius just because I like the short sleek look of the two exhaust.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:28 PM
dfwhockey17
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 250 Posts

V&H may still make Crusher, I am not positive that they still are, but years ago they were...

Old 04-26-2017, 09:38 PM
Kdev
Stage IV

Originally Posted by dfwhockey17
V&H may still make Crusher, I am not positive that they still are, but years ago they were...
Although you are not the first I have herd that from, they are supposed to be the performance division of Kuryakyn. Now asking J&p I was told their is little difference in quality, sound, and performance between the two exhaust but my local hd said that V&h has much nicer chrom even tho I want the black heat shields.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:54 PM
dfwhockey17
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 250 Posts

Kuryakyn and V&H are owned by the MAG group, and yes Crusher and Kuryakyn pushes Crusher for their performance side. I would bet V&H is still manufacturing the pipes for Crusher, and I know they make Python Exhaust for Drag Specialties. V&H quality is garbage as of late and I would hazard a guess that flows over to the other companies for whom they build. I have not seen enough of the new Crusher stuff to say they are of the same quality as V&H, but I don't see them making one brand hands down better than their own...Regardless of which brand you choose, make sure you go over the pipes and heat shields really well when unboxing them to look for issues in the ceramic coating and check the welds on the heat shields and the O2 bungs...

Old 05-05-2017, 09:29 PM
Dongoati
Intermediate
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I just got my Crusher Mavericks in today, and installed them already. I'll post some videos tomorrow with the sound.

by https://www.flickr.com/photos/135379348@N03/, on Flickr