Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Rhinehart true duels Exhaust gasket

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 12:45 AM
1Cardiac
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhinehart true duels Exhaust gasket

I'm told the HD tapered gasket is the best choice for Rhinehart true-duels, however … the tapered HD gasket is the exact same size (1.9" dia) as the Rhinehart exhaust pipe flange
No matter how centered the pipe to gasket is or how hard I try, the studs will not protrude thru the flange nuts. In other words; there ain't no threads showing when the pipes are tightened! The Rhinehart head pipe is same as the one I installed.
The pipe flange & exhaust gasket outside diameters are both 1.9"

Old 05-09-2017, 05:13 PM
SprungDave
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Were you able to remove all of the old gaskets first before trying to install the new ones? It sounds like the new gaskets are not seated all the way into the exhaust ports due to either the old gasket(s) being still in, or partly remaining, and/or the new gaskets were not seated all the way into the exhaust ports. Any of these conditions will not allow the exhaust pipes to fit deeply enough into the exhaust port for the bolts to reach past the exhaust studs.

See:

Hopefully that will help.

The diameter of the pipes themselves should not pose too much of a problem. If they do, you can always go with the flat gaskets that are shown in the video.

Ride Safe!

Old 05-10-2017, 12:51 PM
1Cardiac
Novice

Yup… did all that. I've been snugging them up (with a screwdriver handle type wrench) whenever it starts to pop.
Best part of true-duel's is you can tell which jug is leaking 😜

Old 05-25-2017, 08:44 PM
betho61
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Cardiac
I'm told the HD tapered gasket is the best choice for Rhinehart true-duels, however … the tapered HD gasket is the exact same size (1.9" dia) as the Rhinehart exhaust pipe flange
No matter how centered the pipe to gasket is or how hard I try, the studs will not protrude thru the flange nuts. In other words; there ain't no threads showing when the pipes are tightened! The Rhinehart head pipe is same as the one I installed.
The pipe flange & exhaust gasket outside diameters are both 1.9"
did you ever find out the answer, because i'm having the same exact problem?

Old 08-07-2017, 11:08 AM
1Cardiac
Novice

Originally Posted by betho61
did you ever find out the answer, because i'm having the same exact problem?
I still have the same problem after THREE sets of gaskets! I had a couple PHD's suggest to 'stack' two Screaming Eagle (flat) gaskets on each head. I bought the Rhinehart pipes & mufflers at a swap meet for $150 … toss in the cost of 3 cone gaskets & 2 SE gaskets at the tune of $60 I'm still ahead of the cost for a new set of pipes.