Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Anyone have a D&D Fatcat near Virginia Beach?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 11:48 AM
Shane Grimstead
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Anyone have a D&D Fatcat near Virginia Beach?

Also posted in Rushmore models as mine is a 2015 SGS.

I'm looking to hear the medium or "quiet" baffle on the D&D Fatcat. Anyone near Virginia Beach that wouldn't mind letting me hear it?

Thx,
Shane

Old 06-13-2017, 12:42 PM
Lo 1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the loud baffle on my Fatboy and at highway cruising speeds the wind noise is about all I hear. Now if you're twisting the throttle that's a different story. It will bark while getting on it.

Old 06-19-2017, 08:50 AM
buboje
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm having the Fatcat (w/ quiet baffle) installed with an engine build this week on a 2016 LRS. I live in Warrenton, VA, and am happy to contact you after the install. Where are you?

The following users liked this post:
Shane Grimstead (06-19-2017)
Old 06-19-2017, 08:43 PM
Shane Grimstead
Cruiser

Originally Posted by buboje
I'm having the Fatcat (w/ quiet baffle) installed with an engine build this week on a 2016 LRS. I live in Warrenton, VA, and am happy to contact you after the install. Where are you?
I actually installed mine this afternoon, thanks very much for the offer thou!!

Here's a video of it comparing the Rineharts to the D&D.

Old 07-24-2017, 11:40 AM
abimael
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shane Grimstead
I actually installed mine this afternoon, thanks very much for the offer thou!!

Here's a video of it comparing the Rineharts to the D&D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7f8UZ1C7Os&t=13s
very useful video, thanks for making that for us here.

Not to mention the sound, wanted to know how significant increase in power with D&D ? compare with vnh true duals+rineharts.

is it very significant ?

thanks

Old 07-26-2017, 09:54 AM
Shane Grimstead
Cruiser

Hey Abi,
I know you & I have spoken via private message but just wanted to put it out here as well, i just noticed that you posted the question here too.

The power increase is somewhat subjective in nature. It seems to me (as well as what I've viewed on others dyno sheets) that the torque curve is moved down in the RPM range. You do feel the torque (power) come in sooner, like making a turn where you don't stop you just slow down enough to make the turn keeping the bike in 2nd or 3rd gear depending on the turn radius. When you roll back on the throttle, that's when you will feel the increase in torque. It's not night & day or anything. I had the 4" Rineharts with V&H true duals so the torque is noticeable going to the 2 into 1. I have not put it on a dyno or anything just my personal observations.

It sounds great and performs great. I went with the perforated wrapped baffle and it's about the same volume as the Rineharts/true duals. It's a different sound but close to the same volume. To me, when I was trying to decide which baffle to go with, I was getting extreme answers on the volume thing. I was trying to keep in mind that sound/volume is subjective. So as for me having both, the volume is about the same with the perforated wrapped baffle. To add, and I've posted this elsewhere too, my cousin has the D&D loud baffle on a S&S 124 build that we did for him, and it's loud enough to chatter your teeth. So of that is due to the large displacement but it's extremely loud, and the tone is harsh. The tone for mine is loud and smooth without any harshness and works fine on the interstates with the radio. Once you get to 75ish or above the wind is more a problem than that of the exhaust, Rineharts or D&D.

All 'n all, I really do like the D&D setup. It performs well on my stock bike. I'm planning to install some cams this winter so we'll see how things go then. I'll do some dyno tuning once I get the cams in.