Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

magnaflow exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 03:37 PM
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default magnaflow exhaust

was thinking of going with the arlen ness magna flow etrue duals on my 2017 streetglide special.can i just change the exhaust and air cleaner?

Old 09-12-2017, 07:03 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

From what I've been reading lately, you'll void the bikes warranty if you go that route. If you don't care about that, you'll need a fuel management device (tuner) to adjust the air to fuel ratio to keep from damaging the engine.

Old 09-13-2017, 03:51 PM
MagnaFlow
Former Sponsor
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

A new exhaust and filter are great first mods to get some additional power and sound out of your bike. As mentioned, you will want to get a tuner to compensate for the changes in airflow and ensure proper air/fuel ratio. The more widely-used tuners will have maps available for our different exhaust systems. If there are any other questions we can answer, please feel free to send us a PM!

Old 12-26-2017, 09:16 PM
jasoncmk
Stage IV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi. MagnaFlow,

I am from Hong Kong. I just ordered an 2017 Harley Davidson Roadster, at the same time I also ordered a pair of Magnaflow legacy 3" slip on. The HD dealer informed me that i don't need to do the remapping if i just install this slip on ( no modify the air intake). Is that true?
What if I modify the air intake ( buy a new air cleaner), I shoudl do a remap , right? is there after market ECU (easy to use0 that I can buy, to do the mapping/tune myself? Thanks.

Jason

The following users liked this post:
MagnaFlow (01-04-2018)
Old 12-26-2017, 10:18 PM
Arseclown
Road Captain
Received 181 Likes on 100 Posts

Go back a few pages on this exhaust section and you'll find some people unhappy with the quality of their magnaflow exhausts. There's 2-3 separate threads just from the last month or so

Old 12-27-2017, 08:47 PM
jasoncmk
Stage IV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Arseclown
Go back a few pages on this exhaust section and you'll find some people unhappy with the quality of their magnaflow exhausts. There's 2-3 separate threads just from the last month or so
Opps. I don't know, I asked the dealer for the opinion of V&H, he recommend me cobra and MF over V&H. he strong recommend MF, so I took his advice. The slip on is on the way to Hong Kong, and wait for the bike arrive .

By the way, I did some research after placing the order. I don't really understand, it seems the price for some full pipes are similar to my MF Legacy 3" slip on. How come....

Old 01-04-2018, 06:18 PM
MagnaFlow
Former Sponsor
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jasoncmk
Hi. MagnaFlow,

I am from Hong Kong. I just ordered an 2017 Harley Davidson Roadster, at the same time I also ordered a pair of Magnaflow legacy 3" slip on. The HD dealer informed me that i don't need to do the remapping if i just install this slip on ( no modify the air intake). Is that true?
What if I modify the air intake ( buy a new air cleaner), I shoudl do a remap , right? is there after market ECU (easy to use0 that I can buy, to do the mapping/tune myself? Thanks.

Jason
Hi Jason, thank you for choosing Magnaflow for your new Harley! If you are installing slip-ons only (leaving stock headpipes), a tune is not absolutely necessary, but having one will improve performance. There are a few entry-level tuners out there that won't break the bank-we would recommend searching around on here to find the one that best suits your needs and budget. If you have any other questions about your Legacy pipes, please do not hesitate to shoot us a PM or call!

Last edited by MagnaFlow; 01-04-2018 at 06:22 PM.