Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Rinehart Slimline header and muffs

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 10:01 AM
Oldskewl
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,906 Likes on 3,285 Posts
Default Rinehart Slimline header and muffs

This weekend I installed a Rinehart slimline header, I already had the 4-1/2" cans on my stock setup. I've installed a lot of exhaust systems in my day but the Rinehart fit and finish is probably the best I've seen to date.

When you take off the bubble wrap from your new header it has all the exhaust shields installed from the Rinehart. It's so nicely done there is no reason to remove or loosen a single clamp to install the system.
Chrome, high quality and the fit was perfect, even the instructions were simple and easy to understand.
Gaskets are provided because the stock gaskets don't work with this system.

I highly recommend this to anyone looking to update their stock header.

Old 09-18-2017, 09:16 PM
Jamn
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm considering these headers as well. Do these have the crossover or H pipe configuration?

Thanks

Old 09-19-2017, 01:16 PM
Oldskewl
Seasoned HDF Member

Its a cross over. full size pipe, not some squashed out little pipe.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:18 AM
HDRIDER2000
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have these on my 2017 love the sound and look of them , also tuned with pv tuner ,nice bark when you get on them with the 4 inch cans

Old 09-20-2017, 10:46 AM
strych9
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,162 Likes on 3,518 Posts

Does this header have the different-sized outlets to match OEM muffler inlets left vs right? I like this header and think this will be my next purchase.

Old 09-21-2017, 02:48 PM
Oldskewl
Seasoned HDF Member

Yes. Basically it's the same diameter as what factory would be which is why any slip-on that would fit a factory header will fit this header.

I just like using the same company through the exhaust system.

OS

Originally Posted by strych9
Does this header have the different-sized outlets to match OEM muffler inlets left vs right? I like this header and think this will be my next purchase.
I've installed multiple headers in my life, this was by far the cleanest and easiest set on a touring bike I've ever done. All your factory shields are to be put away for safe keeping. the entire system comes with new shields pre installed to the exact location they should be to ensure install without removing them.
For $572 it was an easy decision. I prefer a 2-1 system over anything else and had my bike not came with Rineharts already on it, I would have went with a Bassani Road rage system.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 09-22-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:40 PM
strych9
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,162 Likes on 3,518 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldskewl
Yes. Basically it's the same diameter as what factory would be which is why any slip-on that would fit a factory header will fit this header.

I just like using the same company through the exhaust system.

OS

I've installed multiple headers in my life, this was by far the cleanest and easiest set on a touring bike I've ever done. All your factory shields are to be put away for safe keeping. the entire system comes with new shields pre installed to the exact location they should be to ensure install without removing them.
For $572 it was an easy decision. I prefer a 2-1 system over anything else and had my bike not came with Rineharts already on it, I would have went with a Bassani Road rage system.
Thanks! I'm a big fan of Rinehart's stuff. I bought the TAB units since you can change the baffle if you want. They have a nice, low growl, but not like the Rineharts. I'm hoping that a cat-less header will get the TABs where I want them. If not, I my go with the Rinehart muffs as well. Where did you buy your header?

#shutupandtakemymoney

Old 09-22-2017, 02:08 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,394 Likes on 21,384 Posts

I have the same one, except the 4" slipons. See my sig. below
Really like it.

Old 09-22-2017, 02:20 PM
MTBIG G
Road Warrior

Received 968 Likes on 556 Posts

Looking good oldskewl.

Last edited by MTBIG G; 09-22-2017 at 02:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Oldskewl (09-28-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 10:59 AM
Oldskewl
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by strych9
Thanks! I'm a big fan of Rinehart's stuff. I bought the TAB units since you can change the baffle if you want. They have a nice, low growl, but not like the Rineharts. I'm hoping that a cat-less header will get the TABs where I want them. If not, I my go with the Rinehart muffs as well. Where did you buy your header?

#shutupandtakemymoney
directly from Rinehart's online web store.

Quick Reply: Rinehart Slimline header and muffs