Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Crusher mellows?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 10:15 AM
Clayton24
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Crusher mellows?

what everyone think of the crusher mellows has anyone ran these with the washer removed ? Thanks for all replies!

Old 12-03-2017, 04:05 PM
2015UltraLimited
Tourer
Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

Unless you are wanting them really loud, the Mellows are loud enough for long durations on the highway. My friend had the standard Crushers (without the washer) while I had the Crusher Mellows (both Rushmore Limited’s). He changed to the Mellow baffles after about 5,000 miles. Don’t get me wrong, the standard baffles sounded incredible and loud but that novelty quickly wore off for my friend.

I sold my first set of Mellows and regretted it for the lower end torque they made but I moved on to quieter slipons as I am taking more 7-10 day trips these days. That said, another thread here posted a $199 shipped sale from Iron Pony awhile back. Search “PSA and Crusher”. I bought another pair of Mellows from Iron Pony and found $25 chrome slipstream tips from Amazon or e-Bay. This is what I had previously had and Iron Pony only had black tips on clearance for the slipstreams. Anyway, if the Crushers are too loud for you after knocking out the washer (it is deep into the baffle) and you are not able to re-weld the washer back in, replacement baffles run ~$130 or you could get another set from Iron Pony for $199.

For long periods of time when only taking day trips or events like Rolling Thunder, the Crusher Mellows are going back on. For trips out of state and longer than 5 days, the e-series mufflers are for me and the stereo volume is loud enough at 50% with a Biketronics amp and full face helmet. With the Crusher Mellows, volume is 80%+ and the drone of the Mellows wear on me after a couple days running 75-85 on the highway (scenic roads going and making up time on the return).

Hope this helps and everyone is different to what they can tolerate, even with earplugs. As for my neighbors, they do not mind the e-series when I leave for work in the morning and have only made passing comments about the Mellows. I could not imagine what they would say if I had the standard Crusher baffles.

Last edited by 2015UltraLimited; 12-03-2017 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:23 PM
Clayton24
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 2015UltraLimited
Unless you are wanting them really loud, the Mellows are loud enough for long durations on the highway. My friend had the standard Crushers (without the washer) while I had the Crusher Mellows (both Rushmore Limited s). He changed to the Mellow baffles after about 5,000 miles. Don t get me wrong, the standard baffles sounded incredible and loud but that novelty quickly wore off for my friend.

I sold my first set of Mellows and regretted it for the lower end torque they made but I moved on to quieter slipons as I am taking more 7-10 day trips these days. That said, another thread here posted a $199 shipped sale from Iron Pony awhile back. Search PSA and Crusher . I bought another pair of Mellows from Iron Pony and found $25 chrome slipstream tips from Amazon or e-Bay. This is what I had previously had and Iron Pony only had black tips on clearance for the slipstreams. Anyway, if the Crushers are too loud for you after knocking out the washer (it is deep into the baffle) and you are not able to re-weld the washer back in, replacement baffles run ~$130 or you could get another set from Iron Pony for $199.

For long periods of time when only taking day trips or events like Rolling Thunder, the Crusher Mellows are going back on. For trips out of state and longer than 5 days, the e-series mufflers are for me and the stereo volume is loud enough at 50% with a Biketronics amp and full face helmet. With the Crusher Mellows, volume is 80%+ and the drone of the Mellows wear on me after a couple days running 75-85 on the highway (scenic roads going and making up time on the return).

Hope this helps and everyone is different to what they can tolerate, even with earplugs. As for my neighbors, they do not mind the e-series when I leave for work in the morning and have only made passing comments about the Mellows. I could not imagine what they would say if I had the standard Crusher baffles.
thanks your info was great lol! I was at iroN pony when i asked this and yes they were 199.00 plus tax . Im tryin to cure a lowend torque problem i think these may help .

Old 02-18-2018, 10:41 AM
Idahokid
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 71 Posts

I run the mellows on my 2016 RGS and at first they were deep and on the verge of being to deep to it affecting my ears.But they got less deep after a short time.I also don’t plan on removing the cat either. I think the mellows are perfect.Ive ridden a few hundred a day and I can hear the radio fine.Some want that super deep sound but it’s not for me.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:00 PM
DonnieM
Road Captain

Received 201 Likes on 130 Posts

I installed Mellows last week on my '06 Ultra, running V&H Dresser Duals and an Andrews TW21 cam. Before it was obnoxious in noise with terrible MPG and no torque in lower RPM. With the the Mellows, it helped tremendously in low end torque after tuning with an AT session on Power Vision. I wish I had done it sooner. My MPG is up, runs strong throughout the entire power band of the cams like it should. If you are running True duals, your choice in mufflers makes a huge difference in engine performance. The added bonus was I can hear the **** Stereo if I want to

The following users liked this post:
Idahokid (02-21-2018)