Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Slimline Dauls X-over hanger clamp cracked AGAIN!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 10:48 PM
Gambat
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Slimline Dauls X-over hanger clamp cracked AGAIN!!

Has anyone else had the chrome x-over hanger clamp crack. The one under the transmission. This is the second one now. It cracks at the tight bend. I'll be calling Rinehart tomorrow for a replacement.
Gambat..

Old 02-12-2018, 08:35 AM
Gambat
Advanced

Here is a pix of the clamp..

Attached Thumbnails Slimline Dauls X-over hanger clamp cracked AGAIN!!-hanger.jpg  
Old 02-12-2018, 08:39 AM
DED HD
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had the 2-1 Rinehart and had the header replaced because it cracked at the trans mount tab. About 1 year later, the replacement header cracked in the same place. i welded it and it worked, but eventually replaced with a Dragos. always loved the Rinehart sound. But after they left, BUB, quality is not the same.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:55 PM
Gambat
Advanced
Default OK Need some advice!!!

OK I got the new clamp a few weeks ago and I asked the Rinehart rep if they have had problems with the clamp and he said to not over tighten the clamp.. So I down load the newest directions from Rinehart. So All I did was pull the left side muffler off, remove heat shield form cross-over tube and slide old clamp off. Slide new clamp on, install finger tight, install muffler finger tight and then tight per directions. Hen torqued per the directions. Since all I did was remove the left side so I started at the clamp and worked my way back. Well today the clamp broke again. The only thing I can see is a miss alignment issue with the cross-over tube being either to far in or to far back but. At a loss right now until I talk to Rinehart tomorrow. Any ideas???
Thanks
Gambat...

Old 09-26-2018, 01:53 PM
Serdvd6
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Gambat
OK I got the new clamp a few weeks ago and I asked the Rinehart rep if they have had problems with the clamp and he said to not over tighten the clamp.. So I down load the newest directions from Rinehart. So All I did was pull the left side muffler off, remove heat shield form cross-over tube and slide old clamp off. Slide new clamp on, install finger tight, install muffler finger tight and then tight per directions. Hen torqued per the directions. Since all I did was remove the left side so I started at the clamp and worked my way back. Well today the clamp broke again. The only thing I can see is a miss alignment issue with the cross-over tube being either to far in or to far back but. At a loss right now until I talk to Rinehart tomorrow. Any ideas???
Thanks
Gambat...
I broke two on my 2016 CVO Street Glide, after the 2nd one broke, I removed the exhaust and found header pipe cracked where the two pipes are connected under the "Rinehart" chrome exhaust shield, Rinehart has been very good about replacing the parts, but like you said, its getting old, I may switch the front pipe to a Fullsac or a Vance & Hines Power Duals and keep the Rinehart slip ons.

Last edited by Serdvd6; 09-26-2018 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:23 PM
harkon
Road Captain
Received 144 Likes on 105 Posts

Some have had issues with the V&H Power duals crossover chamber cracking. Theirs is just 2 stamped halves welded together. The Fullsac looks like a great pipe. I have the FM Super Duals and they seem top quality. no issues yet. I like the way they look like true duals. FM regular headers reuse your factory heat shields. Also quality pipes from what I've seen.