Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

what fits, factory parts

Old 04-14-2018, 07:04 PM
buelldude
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default what fits, factory parts

So I'm helping restore to factory specs. I'm looking at putting back on factory exhaust for a 2012 Road glide ultra. Like most areas craigs list is loaded with everybody's leftover factory parts. I'm good with that, I need heat shields and slip ons. So what fits if you can't find the parts that are coming off a bike like yours? Is there a ref/book that will help you get things right so you don't go home and find out that they don't fit and your money is gone I only want factory stuff, most of the time its cheap!!!!!
So right now I have factory head pipe and some flavor of slip-on. I can do any slip-on it really doesn't matter. thanks for any input

Old 04-16-2018, 11:21 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by buelldude
So I'm helping restore to factory specs. I'm looking at putting back on factory exhaust for a 2012 Road glide ultra. Like most areas craigs list is loaded with everybody's leftover factory parts. I'm good with that, I need heat shields and slip ons. So what fits if you can't find the parts that are coming off a bike like yours? Is there a ref/book that will help you get things right so you don't go home and find out that they don't fit and your money is gone I only want factory stuff, most of the time its cheap!!!!!
So right now I have factory head pipe and some flavor of slip-on. I can do any slip-on it really doesn't matter. thanks for any input
There are parts websites you can check, which may help.