Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Thunder Torque Inserts test results...?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 05:22 PM
T^2
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,149 Likes on 717 Posts
Default Thunder Torque Inserts test results...?

Anybody seen any independent test results on these?

I've seen some before/after dyno results on bolts and lollipops, but haven't seen anything done independently on TTI's. Just curious if there was anything out there.

Old 05-01-2018, 01:11 PM
T^2
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by T^2
Anybody seen any independent test results on these?

I've seen some before/after dyno results on bolts and lollipops, but haven't seen anything done independently on TTI's. Just curious if there was anything out there.
Nobody out there has any dyno data on TTI's?

Old 05-01-2018, 01:46 PM
bustert
Grand HDF Member
Received 712 Likes on 624 Posts

are you talking about torque cones that fit the header pipe? or some other type of gizmo?

if you are talking the header insert, they are largely hit/miss with emphasis on miss. they have a very small sweet spot where they actually work, the so called theory is to reduce reversion. they make a POOR band-aide for a needed well thought out exh sys.

The following users liked this post:
Zappafranck (08-25-2020)
Old 05-01-2018, 02:29 PM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

Here's a dyno to give you an idea-

Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/DKCustom/Links/Sig1-8-14_zps9d8aff35.jpg

Old 05-01-2018, 04:34 PM
T^2
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by DK Custom - ST
Here's a dyno to give you an idea-

Appreciate that...

However, I was hoping to see a larger body of evidence (engine models/exhaust combinations etc.) than what's available on your website. Plus it would be interesting to see what folks are experiencing (actual real data, not anecdotal evidence/baseless opinion) out in the field so to speak.

I haven't looked at the details of TTI installation. Drill holes in pipes presumably... What does one do with the holes, should one conclude that the TTI impact is a net negative and decide to remove them?

Old 11-09-2018, 11:25 AM
chasu99
Advanced
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Many articles on adjustable baffles (lollipops) on the internet. That dip in torque around 2000-3000 is eliminated with TTI or just about any well fabricated lollipop. Backpressure that is removed from the exhaust system causes the dip in torque, but adding a little managed backpressure makes the engine happier at mid-low RPM. Lots of data out there. Drilling a hole on the "out of site" location on the pipe or tip is a very small price to pay for the performance they bring to the table. If you don't like them for some reason, all you have to do is fill it with a small pan head screw and a nut on the inside. I doubt you'll not like the performance they add to bikes that have had the baffles removed.

Old 03-23-2019, 03:54 PM
Livewire77
Advanced
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I know this is an older thread but just thought I would add on the drilling of pipes. I was able to pull my baffle. Drill the baffle and install tti. Then just reinstalled the baffle with no damage to the outer portion of the slip-on. As far as torque oh ya they help. I never did a pull before the tti but as soon as I bolted them in it was a lot more responsive down low. When I did Dyno later on majority of my torque is from 2250 to 4000 with true duals. I decided to try them and it was the best decision I made. Wish I had a before Dyno pull best I can say is I ran live torque data on the fp3 and saw the torque change just over 10 ft-lbs after the install. It definitely felt better.

Old 10-08-2019, 02:59 PM
MoparBob
Cruiser

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Anyone know if these can be installed in the collector before the muffler?

Old 01-21-2024, 08:35 AM
Weeboy1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 799 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by Livewire77
I know this is an older thread but just thought I would add on the drilling of pipes. I was able to pull my baffle. Drill the baffle and install tti. Then just reinstalled the baffle with no damage to the outer portion of the slip-on. As far as torque oh ya they help. I never did a pull before the tti but as soon as I bolted them in it was a lot more responsive down low. When I did Dyno later on majority of my torque is from 2250 to 4000 with true duals. I decided to try them and it was the best decision I made. Wish I had a before Dyno pull best I can say is I ran live torque data on the fp3 and saw the torque change just over 10 ft-lbs after the install. It definitely felt better.
yes I know this is an old thread!….just wondering if you still have this setup and any pics to share. I’m considering this on my MGS slip ons and can likely do the same as you. Just wondering where you installed the tti’s.
this is a pic of my idea…

Old 01-21-2024, 08:47 AM
Weeboy1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 799 Likes on 586 Posts

Any others thoughts and opinions are welcome. Considering the DK customs tti’s. This is more of an experiment to see if there’s improvement with the inserts. Planning to eventually change mufflers to 4.5” anyway.

Quick Reply: Thunder Torque Inserts test results...?