Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Thunder Torque Inserts on an M8 Touring to restore torque

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 04:40 PM
vivid_black
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Thunder Torque Inserts on an M8 Touring to restore torque

So I am planning on a cam upgrade to a Woods 22x on a 2018 Road Glide Special. I currently have a Hi-Flow SE AC, Fuel Moto 2-1-2 Ceramic head pipe & Bassani DNT mufflers. I am told that the Bassani's are to free flowing and the bike will suffer on low RPM torque. I want to order a set of Fuel Moto Hi-Rollers but they are out of stock. I am thinking of installing a set of Thunder Torque Inserts into the DNT's while I wait. Does anyone have any experience with these on an M8?? Thanks in advance for your input.

Old 09-20-2018, 11:08 AM
vivid_black
Advanced

Originally Posted by vivid_black
So I am planning on a cam upgrade to a Woods 22x on a 2018 Road Glide Special. I currently have a Hi-Flow SE AC, Fuel Moto 2-1-2 Ceramic head pipe & Bassani DNT mufflers. I am told that the Bassani's are to free flowing and the bike will suffer on low RPM torque. I want to order a set of Fuel Moto Hi-Rollers but they are out of stock. I am thinking of installing a set of Thunder Torque Inserts into the DNT's while I wait. Does anyone have any experience with these on an M8?? Thanks in advance for your input.
Okay so know one has a stage II with Bassani's. How about anyone with large diameter free flowing mufflers?

Old 09-20-2018, 11:41 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 968 Likes on 731 Posts

Guess not. So, in light of no responses you should probably contact DK Customs and see if they can give you an idea of how the TTI's would work for you.
Just curious, what tuner are you using?

The following users liked this post:
vivid_black (09-20-2018)
Old 09-20-2018, 05:57 PM
vivid_black
Advanced

Originally Posted by nevil
Guess not. So, in light of no responses you should probably contact DK Customs and see if they can give you an idea of how the TTI's would work for you.
Just curious, what tuner are you using?
I am using the Powervision and will likely just autotune

Old 10-02-2018, 06:38 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,509 Likes on 2,133 Posts

I am using the Powervision and will likely just autotune
Who told you that performance would suffer? I would contact FuelMoto and ask them. They engineered the head pipes and know a hell of a lot about what does and doesn’t work on our bikes,

Old 10-02-2018, 02:45 PM
vivid_black
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mchad

Who told you that performance would suffer? I would contact FuelMoto and ask them. They engineered the head pipes and know a hell of a lot about what does and doesn’t work on our bikes,
Fuel Moto told me as well as other testimonials about how the M8 is sensitive to low exhaust back pressure. What I don't know is how much this is affected once a stage II cam is installed as it tends to create more compression.

Old 10-02-2018, 02:48 PM
strych9
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,132 Likes on 3,505 Posts

Fuel Moto told me as well as other testimonials about how the M8 is sensitive to low exhaust back pressure. What I don't know is how much this is affected once a stage II cam is installed as it tends to create more compression.
It is affecting the max performance on my stage IV. I'm toying with trying these myself.

Old 10-02-2018, 03:04 PM
Respect
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Couple of things happened with my last bike. I lost all my bottom-end torque, felt much worse than stock. I also gained horrible decel popping. Managed to get the decel pop tamed but not eliminated. The bottom end was pretty much gonzo.

Re-gearing was what tuned the bike into a nasty nasty machine. Bottom end was devastating.

http://shop.evolution-industries.com...&product_id=48

Last edited by Respect; 10-02-2018 at 03:06 PM. Reason: added link
Old 10-02-2018, 07:05 PM
vivid_black
Advanced

Originally Posted by Respect
Couple of things happened with my last bike. I lost all my bottom-end torque, felt much worse than stock. I also gained horrible decel popping. Managed to get the decel pop tamed but not eliminated. The bottom end was pretty much gonzo.

Re-gearing was what tuned the bike into a nasty nasty machine. Bottom end was devastating.

http://shop.evolution-industries.com...&product_id=48
This happened because you put on large diameter mufflers?

Old 10-03-2018, 05:12 AM
Respect
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

This happened because you put on large diameter mufflers?
2-1 dump pipe. Probably the worst thing for low-rpm torque.

Quick Reply: Thunder Torque Inserts on an M8 Touring to restore torque