Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Junk Bassani 2 into 1

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 04:47 PM
ntraindavefl
Road Warrior
Received 333 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by partsguyct
So I bought a Bassani 2 into 1 for my 06 electra glide and HATE it. I lost a ton of torque in the lower RPM range and it sucks to ride now unless you at 3k all the time.

Called Bassani and they were pretty much no help at all. Asked if the quiet baffle would help with the problem and they pretty much said buy it and find out.

Has anyone switched to the quiet baffle and had any good luck with the torque dip?

Talked to 2 engine builders and they both said its was the pipe. Bike has been dyno tuned and it only helped a little.

Can't return this garbage now so I am either going to have to go back to stock head pipe with slip ons till i sell this and come up with more money if no one has an ideas or luck fixing this pipe.

Thank you in advance!

If you think riding around at 3k is too much then I have some news for you....don’t modify your bike! Clearly you are a passive rider, and that’s ok if you choose to lug around your motor. Just try not to blame a performance company when it’s the rider who isn’t suited for the product

Old 06-10-2019, 05:47 AM
partsguyct
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ntraindavefl
If you think riding around at 3k is too much then I have some news for you....don’t modify your bike! Clearly you are a passive rider, and that’s ok if you choose to lug around your motor. Just try not to blame a performance company when it’s the rider who isn’t suited for the product

I wouldn't consider my self a passive rider. I'm also not going to ride through town and cities at 3k like I need attention brought to me. I built a touring bike and bought a performance pipe that is supposed to be for touring. It doesn't say anywhere on there site that is isn't for touring or that its made to only make power at a certain RPM.

Obviously your concern with my riding style is not helping answer my question. If you have some actual fact based information that could help please feel free to share.

Old 06-10-2019, 10:47 AM
Ddieselsmoke
Tourer
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

You could try to put some of those reversion conea maybe that would bring up your low end torque. At least that would be a cheaper alternative to new pipes.

Old 06-10-2019, 11:39 AM
partsguyct
Novice

Originally Posted by Ddieselsmoke
You could try to put some of those reversion conea maybe that would bring up your low end torque. At least that would be a cheaper alternative to new pipes.
I was looking into the torque cones to see if it would help. I haven't found anything that says it does with this pipe but I defiantly wonder.

Old 06-10-2019, 11:47 AM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,784 Likes on 9,863 Posts

Forget the cones and get a DKCustoms Thunder Torque Insert if you’re gonna try to make that pipe work.

The following 2 users liked this post by QC:
Ddieselsmoke (06-10-2019), partsguyct (06-10-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 12:03 PM
Ddieselsmoke
Tourer
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by QC
Forget the cones and get a DKCustoms Thunder Torque Insert if you’re gonna try to make that pipe work.
That's what I was trying to remember but I didn't have my glasses on and couldn't think of DK customs.

Old 06-10-2019, 12:26 PM
ntraindavefl
Road Warrior
Received 333 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by partsguyct
I wouldn't consider my self a passive rider. I'm also not going to ride through town and cities at 3k like I need attention brought to me. I built a touring bike and bought a performance pipe that is supposed to be for touring. It doesn't say anywhere on there site that is isn't for touring or that its made to only make power at a certain RPM.

Obviously your concern with my riding style is not helping answer my question. If you have some actual fact based information that could help please feel free to share.
Ok fair enough, here’s some useful info. Bassani is a “loud” pipe company and ANY loud side pipe will sacrifice some low end so stock motors tend to not do better under 3k rpm unless the pipe is restricted like a stock or other other manufacturers w restricted mufflers/baffles. The loud is obviously a result of an open pipe, the stock motor doesn’t have enough compression or power to overcome the reversion that happens when the free flowing exhaust leaves the pipe and hits the 15psi of atmospheric pressure creating the reversion that fouls the next charge in the cylinder causing a loss of torque.
Best option for having a nice sounding pipe wout sacrificing low end is to swap cams to a low/mid range performance one ie: Andrew’s 48, 21, Cyclerama 570-2 and others that will improve that area. Or a supertrapp or Eseries FM pipe that is tunable. I have no experience w torque insets etc...maybe they help don’t know but having multiple Bassani’s on built motors I can tell you there is no dip anywhere in the rpm range.

Old 06-10-2019, 01:03 PM
partsguyct
Novice

Originally Posted by ntraindavefl
Ok fair enough, here’s some useful info. Bassani is a “loud” pipe company and ANY loud side pipe will sacrifice some low end so stock motors tend to not do better under 3k rpm unless the pipe is restricted like a stock or other other manufacturers w restricted mufflers/baffles. The loud is obviously a result of an open pipe, the stock motor doesn’t have enough compression or power to overcome the reversion that happens when the free flowing exhaust leaves the pipe and hits the 15psi of atmospheric pressure creating the reversion that fouls the next charge in the cylinder causing a loss of torque.
Best option for having a nice sounding pipe wout sacrificing low end is to swap cams to a low/mid range performance one ie: Andrew’s 48, 21, Cyclerama 570-2 and others that will improve that area. Or a supertrapp or Eseries FM pipe that is tunable. I have no experience w torque insets etc...maybe they help don’t know but having multiple Bassani’s on built motors I can tell you there is no dip anywhere in the rpm range.
Thank you very much. I have Andrews 26 cams in it now. I might just put the stock pipes back on or try the torque inserts if I can get the right info. I email DK about it to see what they say.

Old 06-11-2019, 05:13 AM
Slingshot383
Road Master
Received 399 Likes on 283 Posts

Bump up the compression to 10.5 - 10.8, and that pipe, and your bike will wake right up.

Old 07-12-2019, 12:09 PM
Elwaupo
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I installed Bassani 2into1, Screaming Eagle Air Cleaner and a Fuel Moto on my 2015 FXDB, made a huge difference over the stock set up. I was going to install a set Andrews 57 cams but I’m happy with its performance for now. The only grip I have is I wish it was a little quieter for my neighborhood but I can live with it. Anyone have any feedback on the quiet baffles? Also, does anybody have the Andrews 57 cams on their bikes?

Quick Reply: Junk Bassani 2 into 1