Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

How does samson exhaust sound?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 08:09 AM
XMA
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I street sweepers on my dyna and they sound and look great. Mine are the Legend Series that have removable baffels and removable heat shields. No blueing to date.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:57 AM
Samson_info
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4xfreak
I really like the look of the samson rip saws and short slashers but have never heard either one. I'm looking for a deep sound. Does anyone have samson pipes, if so how's the quality and sound?
I think most of the responses are for our original Big Gun exhaust which did not come with baffles. Please check our website at www.samsonusa.com to hear for yourself what our pipes sound like. we have many styles available for all Harley models. our Legend Series pipes are deep, throaty, and are state of the art in technology. the sound is awesome. we have many sound bites and video on our web site. our phone number is 888-5-SAMSON if you have any questions.
Thank you,
JR

Old 10-01-2010, 06:06 PM
09fxstcjoe10flhtk
Stage I
Default Long Slashers on Softail Custom

I love my Samson Long Slashers on my FXSTC 09 Softail Custom 96in. Now I'm trying to decide if I go back to Samson's on my new Electra Glide Ultra Limited 103in. I'm not a big fan of the fishtails so that option is out. From what I've seen thus far there aren't a whole lot of options for True Dual's.

Attached Thumbnails  How does samson exhaust sound?-p7230002.1.jpg  
Old 10-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Samson_info
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 09fxstcjoe10flhtk
I love my Samson Long Slashers on my FXSTC 09 Softail Custom 96in. Now I'm trying to decide if I go back to Samson's on my new Electra Glide Ultra Limited 103in. I'm not a big fan of the fishtails so that option is out. From what I've seen thus far there aren't a whole lot of options for True Dual's.
Samson makes other types of mufflers besides fishtails. you can mix and match any muffler set to any head pipe set for the cost of any set of true duals. Dr V-Twin is a great source for purchasing here on H-D Forums.
thank you,
JR

Old 10-05-2010, 08:35 AM
XMA
Advanced

I have Samson Legend Series street sweepers on my 06 Dyna (stage 1, other than that basically stock). I think they sound great, good rumble and not crazy loud. Doing and engine build soon and can't wait to hear them with some more horsepower and a bigger cam pushing through them.

Old 01-22-2011, 05:03 PM
cobraspyguy
1st Gear
Default trying to decide

I have an 09 Fat Bob SE and like the looks of the exhaust but want to open it up to get rid of the heat and make it run better overall. The Samson exhaust seems like a nice option but cant find out if they are true duals or do they have a cross over pipe. I have read that a 2-1-2 exhaust is best for performance.does anyone know if the d2-930 or the d2-901 is configured. They say they are baffled but i cant find any information in regards to size or what replacement parts are.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:31 AM
HighwayStar503
Intermediate

buddy of mine actually traded out a boarzilla for samson true dual fishtails. they looked and sounded awesome, some of the best sounding pipes i've ever heard. they also robbed him of some serious performance over the d&d exhaust. ended up being a very expensive experiment for him paying for the samson pipes and tune, then putting the boarzilla back on and re-tuning as he didnt have the original map

Old 01-24-2011, 03:58 PM
Samson_tech
Former Sponsor

As far as sound goes please visit Samson web site for a lot of sound bites and video in many cases. The web site is www.SamsonUSA.com.
Thank you,
JR / Samson

Old 01-24-2011, 04:19 PM
Hot
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a clip on my Sportster 2 to 1. Sorry the pipes come in, half way into the video.
Thanks,
Rod
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_whUeUDPa4

Old 02-10-2011, 10:31 PM
NightTrain_Vet
2nd Gear

Just put some samson slashers on my 09 nighttrain. Sound is good, but will have to wait on performance for snow to melt.

Quick Reply: How does samson exhaust sound?