Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Daytona Twin Tec or Thundermax

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 01:18 PM
VTwinJaxFL
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Daytona Twin Tec or Thundermax

Daytona Twin Tec or Thundermax [/align][hr]

I am currently running a Power Commander on my RGlide and I am tired of messing with it. I have some pinging and just don't want to go back to the dyno. I want to get a closed loop system and be done with this.

I have been reading about the Zippers ThunderMax and the Daytona Twin Tec TCFI. Based on your experiences, which one is the better product and why?

How do you start a poll?[/align]__________________
2007 Road Glide - PC III USB, SE Slip-ons, K&N Filter and a few goodies inside - 92 hp
2002 V-Rod - PC III USB, Rinehart 2-2, K&N Filter - 105 hp [/align]

Old 10-27-2007, 02:39 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Daytona Twin Tec or Thundermax

It really depends on your understaning of how engines work and what makes them "happy". I have a DTT and love it. It is more tuneable than a TMax, but it can be more challenging during initial setup. I have walked probably a dozen people thru setup on the phone & via email and have installed another 5 or 6 myself. I have talked to folks about ther TMax's and watched them work with them via their software interface.

Of the 2 people I know locally that run TMax's..... two of them have had to send their units back to Zippers for replacement (if my math is correct, that's 100%). Of all the DTT's I've installed and people I've helped, there have been 0 that had to be sent back.

I am in the process of rebuilding my scoot now, and will more than likely go with a SERT and the new Head-Quarters ProTuner, which makes a closed loop system out of a stock delphi ECM w/a SERT. additionally cool with this setup is the ability to pinpoint & remove detination via feedback from the SERT, even when the pinging is not audible. This is basic SERT functionality, the ProTuner maintains AFR.