Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

Ultima El Bruto 113

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 03:54 PM
SnailTraX
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultima El Bruto 113

Hello guys, I got the fatboy together and it is running sweet. I was talking with a friend about the different possibilities for making my 80" EVO bigger in size for more power. Well the conversation turned to the Ultima El Bruto engines. I have searched this and the other forum and have concluded that it is probably a good engine. Most of the search results were pretty old though. I would like to hear from current or past owners of an El Bruto engine. PRO's and CON's. Looks like an easy and sort of reasonably priced way to get a large engine in an older EVO frame. I want to hear from all of you. The six speed has piqued my interest also. I would like to hear from the Ultima six speed owners also. Thanks, SnailTraX

Old 12-25-2007, 01:14 PM
mayfiebl
Advanced
Default RE: Ultima El Bruto 113" PRO's and CON's

I had a S&S 113 that ran beyond hard in a Chopper that I put 28K miles on before she blew a rod bearing....My last Chopper I put a Ultima big inch in and to be honest she came apart in 3 months, I did all the normal break ins...I would go S&S in my opinion

Old 12-26-2007, 10:36 PM
fuddly
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey snailtrax, just had a whole drivetrain package installed on my 92 Fatboy. El Bruto 113 ci,Ultima 6 speed tranny and 85mm belt drive. Picked it up last week and weather has just turned real shitty, wet, cold. Anyway I've managed to put on 200 plus miles.(500 miles for breakin)You can't believe the power this baby puts out. Shifts smoother than my old tranny and less vibration. Engine stands out like a friggin jewel. Ordered 120 ci. Received it but would not fit in my frame, they sent me another engine(113 ci), received in about 4 days!! So far I am very happy with this setup. Will keep you posted after I dyno, after about 2000 miles.By the way, I did a lot of research on these engines, they fu---ing rock.

The following users liked this post:
Zuul (09-12-2016)
Old 12-27-2007, 06:21 AM
SnailTraX
Advanced

Thanks guys. So far it's 50/50 keep em comin, SnailTraX

Old 12-27-2007, 03:32 PM
glane5910
Stage II

I bought one of the 113" El Bruto about 5 years or so ago I believe. I've got 6-7K miles on it. I've had nothing but good luck with it. I'm thinking of getting one of their 6 speed trans now. I had one problem when I first got it going. One of the push rod tube gaskets leaked. They send me a complete upper end gasket set. I put the new gaskets in and its never leaked since. It as all the power I could use and then some. I'd buy another if building a bike or swapping out to a bigger inch beast. I also put a Crane HI-4 ingnition and Crane singe fire coil. I did have to put on an oil cooler to help keep oil temps down in the summer heat. Hope this helps.

The following users liked this post:
Bam63 (05-30-2023)
Old 12-27-2007, 08:00 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

All I can tell ya is my bud has a Fatboy with 113 el taco, and he beats the ever loving sh....it out of it.

Got about 15,000 or so hard miles, no problem other than back tire has no thread........

Old 12-28-2007, 10:10 AM
mayfiebl
Advanced

Maybe mine was made on a Monday.....I really liked the power and it was a fair price, I put over 20K on the S&S, My crate bought El Bruto went to peices, My local engine builder showed me some issues and said HE thought it was assembled poor, I got the run around from who I bought it from and had the shop rebuild it, it cost 2K to repair, and I sold her while she was still fresh maybe it would have held together the 2nd time, The S&S I bought came with a brand new Ultra Chopper, it was a hardtail and at the time I was in a 3pc patch club, So needless to say it was run hard and daily, She finally had the come aparts after 2 years of solid abuse, I know when my FXR dies andI can afford another motor I will go S&S, 113 or less anything above I would not trust, The Ultima's may be great I only said the experance I had.

Old 12-28-2007, 03:15 PM
fuddly
4th Gear

mayfiebel, what year are we talking about on your Ultima 113? I understand that they did have some issues prior to 2007!

Old 12-28-2007, 04:04 PM
mayfiebl
Advanced

Old 12-19-2008, 04:32 PM
mgibbs
Stage II
Default 113 Wideglide

Came on your e-mail a long time after you wrote it but I'll throw my 2-cents in. Converted my '98 Wideglide from the old 80 Evo with 50K on it that was running strong but felt I needed more. Bought the 113 cid in Nov 2007 and had 6 speed convertion added. It is a beast. I run with a friend who has 107 cid Iron Horse, we leave the others in the dust. I think I can handle the Iron Horse but I run out of guts and speedometer before we can tell who's hardest. I have about 3K and it running good. I had a little trouble with a rocker arm but the company stood behind it. I really like the engine and it is a horse.

Quick Reply: Ultima El Bruto 113