Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Dual bore throttle body Gerolamy

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 05:25 AM
CR
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual bore throttle body Gerolamy

Anybody (first hand) experience with this intake? In theory it should make for a very good solution for tuning problems, although the intake might be a bit longer. Alas it is not available with FBW 08.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:11 PM
roscoehd
Novice
Default RE: Dual bore throttle body Gerolamy

I do have one with dtt &amp\\; so far I am not impressed, seemed to run as good with the stock throttle body, maybe it is overkill for my bike

Old 07-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

ORIGINAL: roscoehd

I do have one with dtt &amp\\;\\\\\\; so far I am not impressed, seemed to run as good with the stock throttle body, maybe it is overkill for my bike
&nbsp\\;
PM PhilM.&nbsp\\; He had one on his 98" build and sold it.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Phil hated it....i was with him on a few rides...he aint got it anymore if that tells ya anything....IMO....to run that much TB you'll need big inches or you wont have much bottom end.....first hand on my 98" with a 55mm HP proved that....once i put the stock TB back on the bike woke up on the bottom

Old 07-03-2008, 01:14 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The dual runner 50 is just too big for anything but a really large build. I would say soemthing like 124" + builds.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:46 PM
roscoehd
Novice

Phil, so do you&nbsp\\; think I should put the stock&nbsp\\;tb back on? I put the bc on this spring with out riding first, but it did seem to go better last year. I had it on a dyno earlier this year &amp\\; found out I had a sumping problem the o-ring was bad on the pump. have not been back to the dyno yet, but Mike Roland did not think I needed the 50 dual runner either. As it is it runs the best it ever has, I think I have always had a sumping problem. One more thing&nbsp\\;what about the bassani duals, keep them or go 2-1?&nbsp\\;

Old 07-05-2008, 05:50 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: roscoehd

Phil, so do you&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; think I should put the stock&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;tb back on? I put the bc on this spring with out riding first, but it did seem to go better last year. I had it on a dyno earlier this year &amp\\;\\\\\\; found out I had a sumping problem the o-ring was bad on the pump. have not been back to the dyno yet, but Mike Roland did not think I needed the 50 dual runner either. As it is it runs the best it ever has, I think I have always had a sumping problem. One more thing&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;what about the bassani duals, keep them or go 2-1?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;
All I can tell ya is what I experienced...
&nbsp\\;
When I went from the Geralomy back to a stock unit on my HQ98, it dramatically improved the bottom end.
&nbsp\\;
I am a 2into1 guy. That would my preference, but others are happy with duals. I think you'll see a bigger difference with the TB than you would with the pipes. You can certainly start there and do it for very little $$$....

Old 07-05-2008, 06:54 PM
roscoehd
Novice

I put on about 150 miles today, I noticed that when in 5th gear if I slow down to about 50mph around 2200 rpm when I try to roll on the throttle it seems just dead, I know it could be any number of things but do you think the gerolamy is causing some of this? It seems to me that I did not have this much of a lugging problem with the stock throttle body.I would sacrifice some top end to gain more pull on the bottom. What do you suggest for a 2 into 1?

Old 07-06-2008, 02:04 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member

The stock TB on a 95 is 100% adequate!
&nbsp\\;
What you are feeling certainly can stem from too much TB. It&nbsp\\;hurts intake velocity and can make for a lazy bottom end ~ like you are describing. Try swapping back, compare, and then let us know what ya think. I am 99+% sure what you'll reprot back, but I'd rather hear it from you.
&nbsp\\;
It's a simple swap &amp\\; with the DTT it's easy to real the tune back in. Give it a shot!

Old 07-09-2008, 07:09 PM
roscoehd
Novice

Phil I got the stock tb on. It woke up&nbsp\\;the bottom end 2nd gear rubber for about 30 feet. It does rev up a little slower but I will take the bottom end pull. Any ideas on an air cleaner?
ORIGINAL: PhilM

The stock TB on a 95 is 100% adequate!
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
What you are feeling certainly can stem from too much TB. It&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;hurts intake velocity and can make for a lazy bottom end ~ like you are describing. Try swapping back, compare, and then let us know what ya think. I am 99+% sure what you'll reprot back, but I'd rather hear it from you.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
It's a simple swap &amp\\;\\\\\\; with the DTT it's easy to real the tune back in. Give it a shot!

Quick Reply: Dual bore throttle body Gerolamy