Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Quieter mufflers for Bub 7 true duals?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 10:17 PM
dvflhx
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quieter mufflers for Bub 7 true duals?

Hey guys and gals I need some help with options now that I purchased a new BUB 7 True Dual system and found its WAY too loud.&nbsp\\; I searched the forum&nbsp\\;and I'm new here so forgive me if this topic has been beaten to death.&nbsp\\; I have an 08 Street Glide with a 103ci stage II big bore kit.&nbsp\\; I called BUB 7 before purchasing the pipes and expressed I was concerned with it being too loud.&nbsp\\; Stock as we all know is too quiet but these new BUB 7's aren't much better than open pipes.&nbsp\\; They are a straight through design which I wasnt&nbsp\\;told and have a nice sound only at idle.&nbsp\\; Anything above that is really harsh and loud, even with my full face helmet on.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Any suggestions as to what will fit these larger than stock head pipes AND had a nice deep mellow sound that wont **** my neighbors off or get me tickets from every cop that&nbsp\\;hears me?&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Also, if anyone wants a set of BUB 7 mufflers let me know.&nbsp\\; Only 8 miles on them from the dealer to my house!
&nbsp\\;
Thanks for the help.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp \\;&nbsp\\;

Old 07-07-2008, 11:37 PM
TOMCENTRAL
Road Captain
Default RE: Quieter mufflers for Bub 7 true duals?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.If the BUB 7 TDs are anything like the Rineharts,YOU CAN ONLY USE THEIR(BUBs)MUFFLRES W/THEIR HEADPIPES..............SO DON'T SELL THE MUFFLERS YET!Call BUB &amp\\; see if they make a quiet baffle.Also you can wrap the baffles with a product called SILENT SPORT packing.Good stuff...............note:Bub/Rinehart makes slip on mufflers that fit on stock size head pipes,but the TD set comes with a stepped header which has a larger diameter than stock....Regards,Tom&nbsp\\;

Old 07-07-2008, 11:42 PM
TOMCENTRAL
Road Captain

Vance &amp\\; Hines make a new muffler.Pretty pricey called Monster 0vals...........DEEPEST sounding quiet muffler I have ever heard...........But you would have to use V&amp\\;H TDs or Stock Headpipes.Regards,Tom&nbsp\\; ps:&nbsp\\; vanceandhines.com&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; to see&nbsp\\;&amp\\; hear em

Old 07-08-2008, 11:51 AM
extech
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the inlet size too, if it is like rinehart and has a 2 inch inlet you can order a rush muffler with a 2 inch inlet, I've quieted down some rineharts with them in the past.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:13 AM
bob2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the monster ovals&nbsp\\;quieter then some but still too loud,I had the BUB 7's with and without the crossover,too loud,I wraped the baffles,still too loud. Rush makes mufflers that will fit the BUB/RINEHART headers but my guess still too loud,I've been thru a lot of mufflers and headers and IMHO the only thing I tried and go back to that has some sound and decent flow are the 4" SE mufflers&nbsp\\;with Rush tru duals,had the V&amp\\;H&nbsp\\;tru duals and for what reason I don't know had poor dyno numbers even though the bike seemed to run&nbsp\\;okay.