Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

best performance exhaust sys??????

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 09:32 PM
REALBOB
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best performance exhaust sys??????

Can't decide which way to go; 2-2 thunderheaders or 2-1 Rinehart. I looking for the best performance on dyno. Believe I'll start with Big Suck & one of the above, then I WILL do some internal mods later; just don't want to buy more than one exh. sys. & A/C. Any comments & suggestions would be appreciated.

REALBOB

08 EGC

Old 08-17-2008, 03:16 PM
skyhook
Tourer

of those two options, the rinehart is better...the best performing exhausts available are: fatcat 2 into 1, can be had with a quieter baffle if you don't want loud
bassani roadrage 2 into 1, pretty loud
supertrapp supermeg 2 into 1, baffles are very adjustable for noise and performance

Old 08-17-2008, 05:56 PM
schmeg
Cruiser

Skyhook nailed it. I personally own the Supertrapp. Excellent performance. I know some don't care for the tone. I like it. To each his own.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:23 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Fatcat 2-1 with quiet baffle gets my vote.

I've had 3 other 2-1 systems, and for me(and many others) the Fatcat is just the best.

Steve

Old 08-17-2008, 10:34 PM
chad peterson
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my build, I've had a thunderheader, a bassani pro 2 into 1 (roadrage), and a D&D fatcat (standard baffle) , and had dyno pulls on each. Bassani had the highest torque by 2 ftlbs. with an ok curve, and a nice deep tone. Fat cat has the best fit and finish, but seemed a little soft on torque peak, but a pretty nice curve, sound wasn't as deep as I like it to be. Thunderheader was right there with the bassani on torque, and came in the fastest, great bottem end power, and the sound is my favorite. They were all similar on horse power, but the thunderheader was on top. I agree with what was mentioned earlier that the Supertrapp is the best for performance and tuning, but not by a landslide by any means! Basically just pick the pipe that looks and sounds the best to you!

Old 08-18-2008, 07:59 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

Hell with the dyno, pick your favorite dial it in and ride............Thunderheader does sound sweet...........I have BUB 2-1 sounds good, quiet when cruising and nice bark when hammered..........

Old 08-19-2008, 11:50 AM
extech
Road Master

Everybody has there own opinion, D&D with the standard baffle on anything 103 and smaller. best overall performance/sound/quality
The thunderheaders do work pretty well if you not concerned about the look.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:30 AM
FLHXn
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

D&D Fatcat with quiet baffle! My dyno guy says that the quiet baffle actually nets a couple more horses than the standard or performance ones. Get it in black if you want it to look hot! Can't beat the sound or the performance in my opinion (and the guys locally who run the dynos). I've heard bad things about the Rinehart 2 into 1 as far as power goes.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:35 AM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor
Received 816 Likes on 581 Posts
Default Pipes

The absolute best pipe for H-D's was the White Bros. "E" pipe. No longer manufactured.
We see the D&D brand to work very well.
Check www.joescyclerepair.com dyno reports.

Sales/Support 315-495-6650
www.hillsidecycle.com
Walk-in Retail Showroom
Complete H-D Machine Shop
Case & cylinder boring
Complete Cylinder Head Shop
High-Performance Engine Kits
Crank Rebuilding
Direct Link & PowerVision Tuning
Goodson HD Tooling Manufacturer
Maxton Mile World Record
4500 sq ft. facility

OVER 35 YEARS OF H-D ENGINE BUILDING.
See us on Facebook.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:04 PM
hdslam
Tourer

Too many variables for your question. As stated, everyone will tell you something different. For instance, on my 99 Train, VH original Pro-Pipe. This pipe sounds and looks great, as well as providing much HP/TQ.
04 FXDP, SE balogna cuts, good sound, not too loud and came with the bike.. Produce good numbers. But there are much better pipes for this bike. I am just happy with them, becuase I rock this bike and the pipes are always dragging on the ground.

04 FLTRI, Bub-7's. Great looking pipe and sound is awesome. A little louder than stock, but crack the throttle and the bark is amazing. Fit and finish are second to none, I really am pleased w/ this product.

Engines range from mild to wild upgrades. Just do a little research before any purchases or upgrading. Each upgrade or parts change will effect the overall performance. Choose wisely.

Good luck

Quick Reply: best performance exhaust sys??????