Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

BUB "JUG HUGGERS" Exhaust question...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 07:15 PM
SnakeEyes
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BUB "JUG HUGGERS" Exhaust question...

I'm about to order the BUB "JUG HUGGERS" Exhaust for my Sportster 883 Custom, but my question is: with this exhaust, the performance of the bike will be affected?

Also, in the webpage BUB "JUG HUGGERS" for Sportster they offer some accessories for the exhaust that I'm not familiar with them (1 1/2" Stealth Baffle) & (Torque Chamber kit). If anyone can explain me the function of those accessories, will be very appreciated.

What's your opinion about this exhaust. I don't want to affect the performance of the bike.

Picture of the exhaust:

Old 04-12-2006, 08:18 PM
but Ill try 2 try
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: BUB "JUG HUGGERS" Exhaust question...

might affect the performance in a positive way, and probably will. stealth baffle is probably a quiet baffle which will lessen the loudness a little bit, and torque chamber? which I am not familiar with from that company is probably B.S. or will help you with low end torque. Usually quiet baffles help with low end power though.

Old 04-12-2006, 08:19 PM
fl_799
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Those pipes look good on the sporty! You should do it.

Old 04-12-2006, 08:32 PM
bow hunter
5th Gear

I ordered the BUB stubbies for my fatboy. I couldn't get the exhaust flange far enough down the pipe to get the snapring in place. Seems there was to much weld on the pipes. This is the only time this has happened to BUB pipes either. Also, they were suppose to have end caps that you could rotate 90 degrees for a different look. Well they didn't rotate. Had to pound them off with a rubber mallet, then grind the aluminum down so they would fit. Needless to say I was not at all pleased with their pipes. They did say I could return them even though I ground on them. And, they are harder than hell to get a hold of. Took a full week to finally get things straightened out. So now i'm going with V&H Bigshots. I called them three times with questions, and I actually talked to humans not answering machines. So be advised.

If you do go with BUB, the powerchambers fit in the end of the pipes where the baffle would be. They give you backpressure with having a baffle. They are shaped like an hourglass. Hollow in the middle for the straightpipe sound. Hope this helps you. Ride safe.

Old 04-13-2006, 06:43 PM
skos
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

SnakeEyes do yourself a favor and call Bub. They can explain everything correctly.

Old 04-13-2006, 07:24 PM
SnakeEyes
Advanced

Thanks for the advice guys... I'm in love with this exhaust, I will order it.