Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

SERT Where do you get the values????

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 10:10 AM
HDSTORMDANCER
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SERT Where do you get the values????

Here is the big question. I am pondering the idea of getting the stage 1 dont to my ultra. When you purchase this tuner, can anyone be able to tune their bikes with it? If so then when you first hook it up, will the tuner give you a map to relate to all the settings that exist from the factory. My bike is totally stock at this point. If it gives you all the values that it is using now to run the bike, then where do you get these new values to plug into the tuner? I would like to tune my own bike but am leary of not knowing what numbers to try. Or do you have to have the dealer set it up for you?

Old 06-27-2006, 09:00 PM
Sandhog
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: SERT Where do you get the values????

You can only reprogram the ECM with the SERT.You can't upload old or existing maps to your pc.
Included in the SERT box is a cd with maps for different mods useing Screaming Eagle parts such as air cleaners and pipes,bigger bore cylinders and such as that.
You chose a map off the cd that most closely resembles your particular setup and load it into your ECM.Make damn sure you read the instructions BEFORE you touch the thing.The SERT module marries itself to your bikes ECM.Its best to read the manual first than to find out you screwed something up with a stupid move.
In my case I have a stock engine Wide Glide with Vance and Hines Big Shot staggered pipes and a Doherty Power Pack air cleaner.
I chose this map:
Calibration # 59: 2006 Shotgun / Shorty Dual Exhaust with O2 Sensors
Configuration: 1450 SE A/C & Mufflers
File Name: 141NX104-A0.MT6
Components:
• 25deg Injectors P/N 27709-06
• SE Air Cleaner and Breather Kit P/N 29440-99C
• SE II Slip-Fit Mufflers P/N 80448-03 or 80258-99A
I'm running that map as it came on the CD right now and it runs good.
However,you have the option to modify it useing the program in the tuning mode.There are some real sharp people on here that can steer you in the right direction as to what to change and what to look for.The manual also has info about tuning and evening out the performance.
A good dyno guy can be worth its weight in gold sometimes.Im thinking of having my bike dynoed at the 1000 mile mark.

Old 06-28-2006, 05:55 PM
HDSTORMDANCER
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Mike. I appreciate your time. I am still learning and hopefully with good people like you it will be able to solve my harley issues. Keep in touch... Roger

Old 06-29-2006, 01:32 AM
mud
muderator
Received 8,732 Likes on 2,058 Posts

ORIGINAL: HDSTORMDANCER
Thanks Mike. I appreciate your time. I am still learning and hopefully with good people like you it will be able to solve my harley issues. Keep in touch... Roger
Keep us posted Roger.

mud