Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Exhaust System Topics (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/exhaust-system-topics-57/)
-   -   Bassani, BUB or D&D Which is the best (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/exhaust-system-topics/514814-bassani-bub-or-d-and-d-which-is-the-best.html)

mikestrikes 05-13-2010 05:01 PM

Bassani, BUB or D&D Which is the best

Everyone swears by the pipes they have on their bike. Who actually makes a 2 into 1 that can prove more power? I am fixing to buy a new pipe for my stroker motor and want the most power a pipe can offer. Has anyone gone as far as to use same engine and setup and just change pipes and tune on a dyno for proven performance?

Thanks

Mike

wrenchguy24 05-13-2010 06:26 PM

Do a search about the D&D fatcat!!!! then you will see!!!

nathanw 05-13-2010 07:12 PM

D&D may make good power but it sounds terrible. What good is that last 1/2 hp if you have to listen to a lousy exhaust note all the time?:icon_denk:

'05Train 05-13-2010 07:38 PM

I love the sound of the D&D, and I'm making 116/116 with a quiet baffle on a 103. Hard to argue with results.

schmeg 05-13-2010 09:21 PM

2-1

I've owned the Supertrapp 2-1 and the Bassani Roadrage. Hands down the roadrage for sound and torque curve is close to the same. The sound is intoxicating. Good thing most riders don't know about it.

arealinvestor 05-13-2010 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by mikestrikes (Post 6709801)
Everyone swears by the pipes they have on their bike. Who actually makes a 2 into 1 that can prove more power? I am fixing to buy a new pipe for my stroker motor and want the most power a pipe can offer. Has anyone gone as far as to use same engine and setup and just change pipes and tune on a dyno for proven performance?

Thanks

Mike

Do your self a favor & starting looking at Dyno sheets.You can start looking on Wood Performance.He has ton of ton sheets from different builds.I can guarantee you that, if it's making big numbers a D&D is on it!!!!

KumaRide 05-13-2010 11:19 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Ask your tuner, builder, headwork shop what they recommend. Or, copy a known, good build that delivers what you want.

nathanw 05-14-2010 07:17 AM

Lets be clear guys, you can post all the dyno sheets you want, but unless they have back to back comparisons on the same bike with different pipes they mean absolutely nothing. I can give you my sheet with a Bassani but it doesn't mean that it wouldn't make less or more with a D&D.

I also find it amusing that the laughing stock of the sportbike world ( D&D and to a similar extent V&H ) seems to be the holy grail for some in the Harley world.

KumaRide 05-14-2010 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by nathanw (Post 6712472)
Lets be clear guys, you can post all the dyno sheets you want, but unless they have back to back comparisons on the same bike with different pipes they mean absolutely nothing. I can give you my sheet with a Bassani but it doesn't mean that it wouldn't make less or more with a D&D.

I also find it amusing that the laughing stock of the sportbike world ( D&D and to a similar extent V&H ) seems to be the holy grail for some in the Harley world.

+1. We are sayin the same thing. Posted the sheets to show lots of pipes perform well, in large builds. Excluded the Fatcat because it has received a "guarantee" for large builds. Just tryin to provide a reality check, dilute the koolaid a little...

DR. V-TWIN 05-14-2010 08:27 AM

Shawn at the shop had a Road Rage 2 into 1 and one Al has the fatcat. Compltely stock motors and they both had Dyno's run at the same time. The D&D came out with higher HP and torque every time. As far as the sound is concerned, it is up to the driver what they like and what they don't. I just slapped a fatcat on my bike yeseterday and am quite pleased with it. Shawn switched to a fatcat about a month ago.

I am not trying to push one over the other as I sell all brands. Try contacting PhilM who has been on the forum here for years and did some Dyno testing for D&D a while back and see what he says.

Drew